Diagnosis hell pls help

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Cam gear sensor maybe? It was a black top with large flats for a wrench. Two wires coming out of the back.
IDIs don't have a cam position sensor. 7.3 PSDs do. Maybe the others do as well, I just don't know that. What you changed was on top of the IP gear housing.

IdiTrev

Reaction score
Hey black dawg i know this older now but I had to take a break from this for a while just too much crazy **** that was going on in life but I just started looking at it again this week. I never did figure out speedometer yet. Maybe the drive gear is worn. But I wouldn't have expected it to be. It was my grandpa and dad's old farm truck used to haul cattle barely ever. Trans had a light 47k on it then it sat for years I brought it back to life and I drove it around for probably like 6 months. When I put some foam in a socket on a drill and put in on the drive gear and spin it with my phone recording looking at speedometer I see the speedoworks. So hopefully with it put back together it will. Drive gear cant really be changed easily if i had to guess right? Haven't driven it again yet but did fire it up the other day and after fixing a Leaky oring at the fuel heater it fired right up. After letting it run a while I shut it off. Decided that I didn't know what the trans looked like or what fluid the shop used that last worked on it. Convinced myself to go get a on oil pan with a drain plug, proceded to drain fluid to pan swap. All fluid looked real clean no change. was going over my wiring and found a rat destroyed some of my wiring now under my brake booster Great. But I was having the trans problems before I ever had a problem with rats destroying the wiring but now I need to redo the ground for the teca cause they defintely destroyed it. Which mightve needed redone anyways i guess inwas plannin on doin it cause the yeca is unresponsive between 2 different tecas one brand new. So idk what size this is but I can't find what barrel terminals I need to repair the teca plug wiring. Do yall know what size this is? Cause all the **** I find at stores like Dorman multi packs of like ford connector terminals only have the barrels that are the bigger size. Thanks

Attachments

• 20240209_101637.jpg
    20240209_101637.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240209_101717.jpg
    20240209_101717.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86