truck will not start

dogitch

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to tell for sure if the ip is bad. I'm getting fuel at the injectors, I also installed a new fuel pump. The truck will still not start. I have not checked the glow plugs because it is warm here.

Also how can I tell if I have the 166 or 185 engine. This is a 92 250. I just got this truck today.

Thanks

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
im not too much help on the ip trouble shooting, i havnt had a prob yet with mine to learn from. but, diesels dont start because of 2 things. one is no fuel, the other is its not hot enough inside the cylinders. check the plugs. you can ohm them with a meter. .2-1 ohm (i beleive) is good, anything more than that is no good. drivers side of the engine has a sticker on the valve covers with a hole punch on it indicating the 166 or 185 engine.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
How fast is it turning over? IDI need good batteries and a good starter to spin fast enough to fire. Fuel at the injectors, makes me think your IP is ok.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you installed your fuel pump without paying attention to the directions in the manual, the actuator arm may not be getting pushed. I read about this once over on TDS by CDNSARGUY. It has to do with the driving cam being in the correct position when installing. I put one in before reading this, and I guess I lucked out because it worked without lining up the engine crank to the recommended position.