Truck takes forever to warm up

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. As I said in my second post it was the air blend door not shutting completely. To answer a few questions: I flushed and filled the coolant this summer with 50/50 af/water and 2 bottles of Ford additive and replaced all hoses at the same time, I replaced a leaking heater core about 2 months ago, the thermostat that was in the engine was a small throat type, but both it and the new large throat one worked properly in a pan of water on the stove with a candy thermometer. Now that I have the air blend door problem fixed the truck has heat within a few miles. I left it idle while I got a load of coal today (the guy I got it from was super talkative-i.e. 20 mins) and when I got back in I actually had to turn the heat off it was so hot in there. Thanks again for all the great advice! ;Sweet Now when I come down the mountain from my grouse hunting Saturday (hopefully with a bird-in-hand) I'll be able to warm up on the way back to camp.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it's working. Everything being relative I guess, it depends on the RPM's the trans, and the terrain as to how fast you get heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle