Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My bad, Z71. I don't pay much attention to Chevrolet trucks. I only like my Camaro's and a few odd ball classics. Other than that I'm pretty much a Ford guy.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Calvin eluded to this but didn't push it...half of the stuff that was wrong could well have been your fault too! Cranking and cranking a 21+ to 1 compression engine takes it's toll on a starter, cables, batteries, etc. I know from the time this post first started, you changed reasons as to why it wouldn't run like 10 times. There are three things that are needed for ANY engine to run, air/fuel/ignition. They way those are delivered can be much different, but they must be delivered. Cranking and cranking burns stuff up, you posted that the cable was red hot, I'm sure if you had felt the starter, it was as well. It's all over this site, TECH SECTION in several places, that say to crank 20 seconds or less, let it cool 10 minutes or more.

I started with the same situation, actually 3 fold, I had three trucks that wouldn't run. I asked questions, fixed one problem, moved on. While I don't think I could repair one of these blindfolded, I have learned from people on here what goes wrong, symptoms, etc. I bought my trucks from a friend who was dying and needed money...I bought them to help him as much as anything and he died before I picked them up.

So, I guess what I am saying is that there might not have been as much bad as your assuming when you bought it. It's a learning experience and you just learned some lessons, just as everyone on this board, willing to admit it or not, has done. I damn sure wouldn't let it ruin a friendship! Just my .02 worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online