Truck for sale pics.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
whitehorse said:
Tell me guys, where is the oil sending unit on these trucks ?

Factory on mine is right behind the intake, pointing straight up. I think you worked on one with the solid state controller, mine is just toward the passenger side and back a little from that. It is just in front of where the bell housing and engine block meet.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
looks pretty good whitehorse.
I'll have to look up jacksonville AL and see how far it is.
I might drop by sometime and go for a ride.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Can tell ya,He is located give or take 20 miles North of Anniston Alabama on highway 431.Pretty simple to find him......Like most of Alabama roads.Pretty much,if you get lost keep driving until you find a road with the center lines painted.Get on that road since it goes somewhere important.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deeproots, tell me where in Ga. you want to meet. Do you know where Rome is? We can set up a time to meet and you can look at the truck. I'm gonna check the truck on compression sometime soon, maybe this weekend. Tim

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...the picture is when I just cranked it. The glow plugs are not working, new plugs, relay and controller that works and still no fire!?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Rome Ga, yup, thats like 4.5 hours from me.

I don't think I'll be able to get that far.... it's spring and I'm a landscape contractor :)
just keep on driving it, I'll pm you if I can't find anything else..... currently looking at a 7.3/zf5 combo thats local and around the same price.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys can someone discribe to me what a sticking valve sounds like? I had a wierd sound coming from the exhaust the other day. Tim

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
whitehorse said:
Ok guys can someone discribe to me what a sticking valve sounds like? I had a wierd sound coming from the exhaust the other day. Tim

Remember the sound comming out the Intake on that 84 I bought?Would sound like that comming out the stacks but much louder.Deep chugging sound.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
it also sounds like that when there is oil dripping into the cylinder, typically on startup....
could be that bad blowby your mentioned. If the blowby is routed to the intake, pull it out and see if the problem continues.

thats why I have a homemade EGR valve (exhaust gas regurgitation valve). It's pretty much an rdt into a bucket :)

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the other day it started this weird noise that sounded like a blown out manifold gasket but then it went away. I really need to check the compression cause the other day it ran like a scared cat and it didn't smoke as bad.