Truck deal and a half

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy did I luck out, If those boys at the lot had checked out the truck I got instead of dodging a cheap repair they woulda charged me another $2000 or so.

When I got it home and found out what was under the hood I thanked the Lord God. That truck has so many mods on it its not funny. It has a 3" down pipe to a 4" main stainless steel exhaust. Modified intake opened up. a dual bypass oil set up, a 4" lift kit, oversized tires, (a little too oversized) from my sons description an inter cooler the motor is probably rebuilt, super positive shifting, a 5 speed tranny, and more balls than a four peckered billy goat. I smoked three power strokes and a dodge on the way back. There are probably more mods that I don,t know about yet and I probably won't till spring after I heal up from the next surgery. I've driven a few strokes before but this truck has em out performed in every area. I have to do a little work on it the interior needs a little and the exterior has been neglected but nothin that a can of patch paint and a buffer won't fix.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be pickin your collective brains with questions like what exactly does a power rear view mirrior do? but all in good time!!!

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put up some pics already but will have more posted. The cheap fix was the cable for the hood release. Any body know where I can find a new one?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put up some pics already but will have more posted. The cheap fix was the cable for the hood release. Any body know where I can find a new one?

Just an FYI: you don't need a hood release cable. Do a search on here and you'll find that it's pretty simple to unlatch your hood from outside the truck. Since I found that out, I rarely use the one inside my truck. I believe there's a plate you can take off that makes it even easier.

I'd do that for at least the time being, or until you find a good replacement cable.

Nice rig by the way ;Sweet

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I was referring to the other thread that had the pics on it. Found a hood cable for $15 today so that will get fixed ,next is a stereo for the truck, then I am switching to the 17 inch mags I have.I will be posting pictures of those rims too because they are 4 sale. Hopefully someone here will buy them as well as two brand new 315 85 r 16s I'm going to put plain old 235/85R16,s on her it will retain its height but be a far narrower tire which is what you need up here in the guaranteed to snow heavy country. If any body has a fair to middlin stereo holler quick. I would rather buy it from one of you.
God Bless ya'll, see you in the morrow.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u need pics i got a stereo laying around pm me