Treasure Hunt

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I noticed that, I was pretty surprised.
The guy didn't say where it came from, but he did say that he was disappointed after buying it. He said that someone just put body filler over the rust and painted over it all.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy didn't say where it came from, but he did say that he was disappointed after buying it. He said that someone just put body filler over the rust and painted over it all.

Yep, happens all too often. You learn to take a magnet with you....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Or buy it cheap to part out like I did.:Thumbs Up If the body wasn't such horrible shape, I'd clean it up, get it running again, and resell it to make some money. Since it's not in good shape, it's off to "Jeremy's Chop Shop"!LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I did a little bit more checking tonight. I found out that it has a BW1356 transfer case and (according to the door tag) a 10.25 limited slip rear end with 3.55 gears. It may be worthwhile to just pull the whole rear end out instead of just the springs. Somebody may want that some time.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
One final thing to add. The ignition switch is stuck in the "on" position. Every time that I hook jumper cables up to roll a window up or down, the glow plugs cycle. Judging by how long it takes the controller to start the rapid click, I'd say that there's not more than one glow plug burned out. Maybe none. Not that it really matters.LOL

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seats look like centurion seats. They made the four door broncos but also did specials trim packages on trucks. Like real wood trim pieces and special center consoles.
There was also some other companies that did something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There's no wood trim anywhere. The center console looks just like the one that was in my 1986 Bronco. Nothing special there.

You must be registered for see images attach

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I wasn't thinking your truck was one done up by them. Just that the seats remind of the over stuffed seats i have seen in their trucks. maybe somebody swapped them in at some point?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It looks like part 2 of this isn't going to happen now. I just got off the phone with the guy who owns(ed) both trucks. I told him that I now have the money to buy the second truck and he told me that he's probably going to buy another IDI truck and will need some parts off of this second one. He won't be able to even get a start on the new one until after the first of the year. Maybe I'll still be able to get some of it, but I guess if not, then I still have an extra $500. I guess I should have bought it earlier instead of playing so much.:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online