Travis ain't got Chit on me!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hee hee hee,I think I one upped Travis with this boo boo.I managed to rip the bumper off the deuce!:eek: Used it to pull out some old 1940s fence post in my back yard and some old bushes that turned into trees after a few decades.Was prepping the yard for a new chain link fence to really turn my place into a compound but I managed to rip a grade 8 bolt though the frame extender on the drivers side and slightly twist the bumper downward.Also bent said Grade 8 bolt(15/16th head....what would that be...around a 3/4" thread?).Beat that one!managed to rip a part off that is designed to be a mounting point to LIFT the 14,000lb truck.....hee hee hee.;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
actually,I was in low range idling and slipping the clutch.When I felt the chain get tight I just dumped the clutch and gunned it.Nose of the deuce dropped 6" then jumped back up when the pole and cement ball popped out of the ground.Got a fealing a major contributing factor(other than me) was the fact the Frame extention brackets for teh winch had been in a fire before I got it.Entire winch kit was outside of a building that burned down.The winch was ok(still had some paint left on it and there was still oil in teh gear boxes) but the brackets were totally clean of paint.Maybe the steel softened in the fire.

djnsj

Reaction score
How big a chain were you using? How did the lifting point let go before the chain did? You using mil surplus aircraft carrier anchor chain?
sent my son out to pull some trees out of the yard, using 3/8" chain, and he came back a while later to say that the back window of the Bronco wasn't able to stop the flying end of the broken chain. Fortunately it hit the back of the passenger seat instead of the back of his head. I would've rather have had to bend a bumper back in place.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
bolts probably 5/8 standard bolts rule of thumb is the head is 1.5 times bigger then the shaft so 5/8 x 1.5 = 15/16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online