trade idi for psd??

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So who pays for all those tag and title fees lol. Here in Florida they stick a straw right up ur ******** and suck the money out in hundred dollar increments!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I don't transfer them lol. It's only $11 to do a title only but if I transfer more than 5 a year there gonna make me get a dealers license haha

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last title transfer, plate and notary fee was $372.00. I've been contemplating selling my 6.9 truck, but I'm worried that as soon as I do, I'll need to buy parts for my PSD, which of course, would take all the money from the sale of the IDI.

12vctd

Reaction score
I was born in raised in KY how are you not transfering the trucks, your insuring a truck with it legally registered in someone elses name??? Might need to sell both to pay court fees. Plus if the commonwealth found out you were skipping on all those taxes they love to give us you would really be screwed. I mean I am by far not one to talk about horse trading vehicles, done it alot but gotta keep it legal. I mean the guy who trades you the truck and you not registering it will end up stuck with your property taxes, thats pretty unfair imo to that person

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about that but I've been transferring them lately tho. Most of the time I sell them so quick that I don't have time to transfer them.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So who pays for all those tag and title fees lol. Here in Florida they stick a straw right up ur ******** and suck the money out in hundred dollar increments!

That is the exact truth but I've never heard it put so well! They wanted to charge the impact fee only to the Snow Birds and out of staters but that was ruled a violation of equal protection under the law so as long as I've been driving we pay sales tax at 6% and an initial registration fee of $100. Also if you sell more than two cars a year you technically need a dealer's license, but I don't know how often that is enforced or what happens if you get caught.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always asy I was given the vehicle cuts the cost way down just have to pay cheap administrative fees and registration.

12vctd

Reaction score
I always asy I was given the vehicle cuts the cost way down just have to pay cheap administrative fees and registration.

here in ky they are so worried about thier money gifts dont count anymore, well truth be told i think you get 1 per year. But to even get the purchase price you have to fill out a form and both parties sign it and it must be notarized to pay sales tax on the value in which you paid. Or they go to KBB and charge you for that. They are very picky here about these things.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Well thanks for the opinions I traded for it today! Man I missed this truck! Downpipe and exhaust in a week or two.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a kick at how stuck some of you guys are in the past, PSD stuff isn't that epensive anymore, I can get a set of stock rebuilt, or stage 1 injectors for 500 now, and a DIY rebuild/upgrade kit is in the $250 range. The CPS is a $20 part now... Yes the IDM and PCM aren't cheap, but those don't fail often.
A good IDI pump and injectors is more than a set of injectors for a stroker now, and the PSD stuff lasts much longer.
In all seriousness a 7.3 PSD is getting to the point of being no more expensive on maintenance than an IDI. The are OLD, proven technology now, just like the IDI's.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I get a kick at how stuck some of you guys are in the past, PSD stuff isn't that epensive anymore, I can get a set of stock rebuilt, or stage 1 injectors for 500 now, and a DIY rebuild/upgrade kit is in the $250 range. The CPS is a $20 part now... Yes the IDM and PCM aren't cheap, but those don't fail often.
A good IDI pump and injectors is more than a set of injectors for a stroker now, and the PSD stuff lasts much longer.
In all seriousness a 7.3 PSD is getting to the point of being no more expensive on maintenance than an IDI. The are OLD, proven technology now, just like the IDI's.

I kinda agree with you, their costs are definatly going down.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

Totally agree. Couldn't of said it better!;Sweet but i still hate the E40D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online