towing fifthwheel

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
ive been hearing a rumour that is going around that you will have to have a dually to tow a fifthwheel in the near future. is any of this true. I have a 94 f250 diesel and pulling my 28 ft fifthwheel weighing 8k lbs

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i haven't heard that one yet.
what state are you in?
i don't see how rules that major can be changed without a really good reason.
if the gross on your fiver is 8k, you are well within your gvw&gcvw for the truck.

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
im from up here in canada its a rumour going around maybe to scare us not to go down !!!the problem also from what i hear is they check the gvwr of the truck , then calculate the the weight of truck plus the gvwr of the trailor which always goes over ,Like my trailor weighs 8klbs empty the gvwr is 11k i will never have that in it

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WA state checks door stickers at their port of entry.
A buddy found that out on his dually converted F250 SC. His fiver was pushing 13k. He was way over his limits. couldn't even turn around and go back. had to hire a guy to take it back across the OR border and he was able to rehook and head south back to kali.
ruined a long vacation from him.
bought a CCdually from me with no motor/trans and moved his guts over.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
WA state checks door stickers at their port of entry.
A buddy found that out on his dually converted F250 SC. His fiver was pushing 13k. He was way over his limits. couldn't even turn around and go back. had to hire a guy to take it back across the OR border and he was able to rehook and head south back to kali.
ruined a long vacation from him.
bought a CCdually from me with no motor/trans and moved his guts over.

Is WA rolling campers across the scales now? Sheesh, when do they quit.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dang, If I ever go to WA, I better make sure my bed tank is empty :eek: I'm pretty sure I'm about over with the 5er on there. It weighs around 10k