towcat

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
towcat,
you're in the salvage business aren't you? What would be a reasonablle price to pay for a 7.3 longblock for sleeving & rebuild?

Don

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was in the towing biz for the last 10 years. When you own a towtruck, the junkers are literally part of the bennies ;Sweet It also helped that I did fleet service work too and I got the pick of the junkers from that end too. As far as rebuildable blocks goes, I dunno. The shipping weight would be a killer. That I can garantee. But if you are wanting one and don't mind driving to Hamilton, I will throw a block in the back of my truck when I come back out to Hamilton late fall and the block is yours in exchange for a meal at the local diner ;Sweet

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer! I'll have to study that. It is 1700 miles/27-28hr round trip for me. And probably $250.00 fuel. Shipping by Yellow Freight or equal would probably be cheaper!

Before we go to that much trouble, I need to check some local sources and weigh the differences.

But, that is a generous offer on your part!

Thanks again!,
Don

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you wanna get a freight quote from SJ, CA......I can have one palleted and wrapped. One of my "projects" when I get back to CA this trip is to thin out the parts supply I have since its no longer that critical for me to get a truck back in operation within a 24hour window. Its pretty scarry when all the parts to rebuild a entire F450 is sitting on the shelf.......... cookoo

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
$398 from San Jose, Ca (95132) to Huntsville, Al. 35898 for 1000# on pallet/wrapped. Only place I have called so far. Might be doable. I'll have to see what is available locally before I decide.

Thanks
Don

dave85

Reaction score
towcat said:
One of my "projects" when I get back to CA this trip is to thin out the parts supply I have

Oh, have we heard THIS song before. I personally think that parts inventory is your security blanket. LOL
Dave

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dave85 said:
Oh, have we heard THIS song before. I personally think that parts inventory is your security blanket. LOL
Dave
You're lucky you weren't around when I got rid of my last batch of cores :D But you're right, every time I get rid of one junker, I get two more in for stripping. cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online