Tow and Haul RV transporter build

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason, that front end looks like it's missing something......

You don't have an issue w/ bugs going splat on the windshield?

suv7734

Reaction score
Engine done, oil changed, road tested, no leaks and ready to work.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry to hear about the 'oil leak' but overall it's good to see you up and at it again. Nice work big guy :thumbsup:
Now it's time to make some money ;Sweet
Next time your going to be running through the Southwestern BC area give me a shout.

Bruce

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to put a 'value' on your labor ($$/hr) converting it to the longer frame..... how much would that have been???

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to put a 'value' on your labor ($$/hr) converting it to the longer frame..... how much would that have been???

About 50 cents an hr as much time as I have in it. M&M fabrication could have done the stretch for about $2k mabey a little more as long as I stretched it...... and would have been done same day. That's all they do is stretch frames and they are good at it.

I didn't save anything but a 1600 mile round trip w/ no plates or insurance doing it ourselves.

maniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't save anything but a 1600 mile round trip w/ no plates or insurance doing it ourselves

Lookit all the priceless memories though :D:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates or new pictures to inform us about your project?

Out working the chit out of it right now. Put 40,000 miles on it since the middle of march. Have a cracked head that the machine shop missed when they "checked" it. Been holding it together for the last month with Bars Leak Block seal

Middle of next month it is getting the air ride suspension installed as well as a new engine.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Out working the chit out of it right now. Put 40,000 miles on it since the middle of march. Have a cracked head that the machine shop missed when they "checked" it. Been holding it together for the last month with Bars Leak Block seal

Middle of next month it is getting the air ride suspension installed as well as a new engine.

I have a new Cummins 5.9 head still in the crate that is complete. I bought it originally for first gen Dodge to make a hot rod out of. I am not doing anything with it, if you want it PM me.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new Cummins 5.9 head still in the crate that is complete. I bought it originally for first gen Dodge to make a hot rod out of. I am not doing anything with it, if you want it PM me.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I already bought a complete engine out of a Ford bread truck minus the IP w/ 90k miles on it with an Eaton 5 speed for $1800. Everything looks like new. Will get it picked up around the 1st of next month.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... head crack. YIKEs.

Man, I hate redoing things... especially when it's suppose to have been checked. :mad: That leads to a LOT of down time and $$$$.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.... head crack. YIKEs.

Man, I hate redoing things... especially when it's suppose to have been checked. :mad: That leads to a LOT of down time and $$$$.

YAAAAAAAA!!!! I was PISSED and at the wrong time of the month too when shipping picks up so I ran it hoping for the best.

I'm through dicking around with this engine and it costs too much down time to rebuild which is why I'm slapping in another when I take a couple weeks vacation.

RV business is picking up, especially the small stuff I haul, and we have scored some nice contracts that should keep me busy all summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726