Totaled my truck

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
It would be hard for me to give up on my truck in that condition. Is the cab tweaked, frame? Doors, fender, and a flat bed..........on the road again????:angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've seen worse rollovers before, this cab is savable. even if the cab needs pulling to be squared up......I have the equipment:D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must of had some pretty bad ball joints under her to drop the axle and roll the truck at 20-30mph on a curve.
least you guys didn't get hurt.better to have it happen in a slow zone like it did.
good to hear all is ok.don't sweat the small stuff like trucks.those are replaceable.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must of had some pretty bad ball joints under her to drop the axle and roll the truck at 20-30mph on a curve.
least you guys didn't get hurt.better to have it happen in a slow zone like it did.
good to hear all is ok.don't sweat the small stuff like trucks.those are replaceable.
he's running a kingpin dana60 front.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what went loose on her? something caused a tire to flip under the truck to make her roll at 30mph.

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
notes....
after seeing the truck up close and personal, I can see why the insurance company was holding tight at their numbers. even though the stated mileage is a hair over 100k miles, the rust bubbles on the passenger side and the sandblasted condition of the front end would give them reason to assess at 200-300k miles. the underhood is very clean though, so that does help. if it doesn't knock after firing up, the truck is repairable. lord knows I have enough parts to get this done in two weekscookoocookoocookoo

Well those rust spots on a truck from here in Utah are extremely minor, my wife's pathfinder has major rust cancer in the runners and the exhaust has been replaced already.:puke:

The plan was to get them buffed out and a new paint job but the accident set all that back.

Here's hoping the engine fires up ok.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was the cause of this wreck? Did something give causing the roll over?

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
what went loose on her? something caused a tire to flip under the truck to make her roll at 30mph.

I still am not sure exactly what happened to cause the wreck. I do recall that there was a big rig in front of us, drifting the corners and kicking up rocks. I backed way off from him and we went around another corner. that's when things get fuzzy. Two heavy bumps, the truck went out of control up onto the side of the hill and over we went, slid maybe 10'-15' at the most.

I know we weren't going very fast as I had it in 2nd gear from the downhill grade.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well those rust spots on a truck from here in Utah are extremely minor, my wife's pathfinder has major rust cancer in the runners and the exhaust has been replaced already.:puke:
rust spots like yours in kali are a big value killer unfortunately.
i have a few more detail pics to take and post tomorrow. then I need to calc up the time for swapping over the parts. I can hang close matching doors and fender, the bed I will need to get from a local yard. I have blk/slvr, forest green and a blue bed. all bad colors for ford white paint.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert, but to my eyes, for a roll-over, she looks pretty good...I'm guessing she just rolled on her side and didn't hit the roof at all?

I said it before, and I'll say again, thank goodness everyone's okay...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So can we plan a TC bar b que and group hit the truck to fix it.... I will bring my friendly grillmaster. Like I said long ago... He can grill and shoe and make it taste great. Only weekend we wont be available is thanksgiving....:dunno:D

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
rust spots like yours in kali are a big value killer unfortunately.

I'm sure that it is, the great state of UT uses the widely available salt and other chemicals on our roads here and that means it eats vehicles quickly. I'm thinking it's why the adjusters were hitting it hard due to them being in Kali. I had to remind them that this truck is from an area that gets snow and salts the roads.

I really like that dark green colored truck you picked up a while back, it's what I wanted to repaint mine as. ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.