torque spec for water pump pulley bolts

andrew123

Reaction score
yes....can't hurt.....i bought gallons of oil at walmart....delo 15w40, so an extra quart is only $3 or $4 - i think the gallons were $11 or $12 each.

what is your mileage? I am close to 219k.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
what is your mileage? I am close to 219k.
I'm assuming that you're asking me. Not too many since I just got it running again about 10 months ago. The speedometer hasn't worked since I got the truck. I didn't care at the time since I originally bought it just for parts for my Bronco. Then I decided to get rid of the Bronco and keep the truck. I bought a universal GPS driven speedometer. It works fine, but of course there's no odometer. I'm guessing that there's between 4000 and 5000 miles on it. The overhaul was forced. I took off the heads to install studs and do some PM on the valve guides. At the time, I was planning to install a Typ4 cam so I bought some Comp 910 valve springs and new valves to do the whole job. Then the machinist took .010" off of one head and .012" off of the other head. I had a couple of valves that only had .0045" clearance so I had to buy some decompressed pistons and new rings (one cylinder had a little wear, but the rest completely cleaned up with just a hone). I decided to just buy some new cam bearings at that point and do a rering/overhaul. There was about 120,000 miles on a "rebuild" on the engine at this point. After I got it all back together and in the truck, it had a dead miss on one cylinder so I ended up having to buy new lifters to overcome the stiffer Comp valve springs. Now, I'm happy with the way it runs...until I put a turbo on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88