torque screw vs fuel screw..

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, all the torque screw does is unload more or less fuel earlier, or later relative to the throttle position and RPM map. You can get similar results from removing the top cover and rolling that nut in one direction or the other. Years ago before getting my moose pump I took the top cover off and messed with that long nut shown in the above picture and that's all it did.

I'd echo everyone else here in saying it isn't worth adjusting. I even heard of one engine that went runnaway from an incorrectly installed top cover. I guess the "torque screw" is simply an external way to access the same adjustment setting. But again, it probably isn't worth tampering with.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The torque screw is over-rated. Honesty if you've turned your pump up from stock at all, you have narrowed the window of usefulness of that device. If you have a pump from us, it's already set at a position where it is doing absolutely nothing. We've talked about just eliminating them from the pumps, but they are kind of handy to make a late 7.3 pump easy to spot over an earlier one, or a 6.9 pump.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS instructions

You must be registered for see images attach

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Regardless of the torque screw there is some good information to FAQ's in these pages. These are from the old days when ATS was in UT and still gave a damn.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.... I was in COLLEGE!!!!! I was 20. I remember when the slantnose was brand new on the lots in 80. I learned to drive in an 83 that we bought in 86...... I remember the first 87 I saw, driving through the parking lot at the local mall. I could not believe how much different it looked from our truck, at the time. The big flat headlights, smooth tailgate and all. Heck, I can even remember the Binder Lightlines sitting new on the lot..... I have always wanted a Scout.... I remember them when they were new.........

Amazing how many folks on here their truck is older than they are.... by a lot. Heck, Mel ORDERED the Moose Truck in 1983..... Reminds me of training for the Fire Department. In a class of almost 20, I was only 1 of 3 or 4 that was actually older than the Fire Engine we were training on. Most of the folks were much younger than the engine..... It was a 78 Ford Cab-Over chassis with a Howe apparatus affixed to its back, and was painted yellow. It was from the time that a lot of emergency equipment was painted yellow for greater visibility. Now everything is back to red for the most part... mainly because of tradition......

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was in highschool... Those pages really probably should go into the archives here somewhere. I don't know how rare they are, but it would be good to preseve it for posterity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7