Too much oil

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have more than I use and I'm not decided to make BD yet, I can't give it away but I can sale it for a cheap price, I can deliver if necessary around the area for an additional fee if interested. The wvo is already filtered and I need to find a place for it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so how did you convert the truck to run on wvo? i know there are multiple ways to do it but i havent seen one spacifically for our trucks. i would love to try running some but it think winter might ruin that plan for a little. if i can do it i might be interested looks like you are only about 1 1/2 hrs away.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I converted the truck myself and learned the hard way the good and bad. I have an external tank that is heated with coolant and a 600w 12v heater, then it goes to a hose inside a hose with coolant running on one and then it goes to a 26p heat exchanger. I have a glow plug heater for the oil that I can turn ON if the temps are not good and I have the fuel return line bypassed to make it easer on the pump this last one is excellent. If You want to come and check it one day You are more than welcome. I should post some pics of my filtering station on My wp.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to mix veggie and diesel in an external tank, then use it in the truck, what % of veggie could you get away with and not using all of the heating elements in the truck tank and fuel lines?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
This time of the year, about 5-10% and call it good. With our temps I would not risk it mixing oil with #2. Come and lets convert Your truck to run is straight any time of the year.

subway

Reaction score
i love pictures and part numbers if possible, i would rather spend the money to burn wvo in my truck than spend on making a whole home set up for bio. no one around me has a diesel so its all for me......looks like i will have to wait a little, parts arent free. do you guys have a good estimate on how much the total adaptation cost is?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I've currently spent maybe $650-$700 total.

that includes a 74 gallon transfer flow wedge tank I found at a junkyard.

at this time, I've burned roughly 1200gal straight, not including bio and blends (which I currently advise against, tho it seemed a good idea at the time.)

subway

Reaction score
I've currently spent maybe $650-$700 total.

that includes a 74 gallon transfer flow wedge tank I found at a junkyard.

at this time, I've burned roughly 1200gal straight, not including bio and blends (which I currently advise against, tho it seemed a good idea at the time.)

whats wrong with the bio and blends? i think i am going to try to hit a yard this weekend and see if i can score myself a tank.

deeproots - do you know what the fittings are that seal the tank therm where it enters the tank? would it be a problem to make it with copper? i have some tools and skills enought that i think i could make that without to much problem and save me some green. if i can do anything i will have to take pics and post to keep myself motivated;p

subway

Reaction score
another question maybe i missed it but where do you get the fuel switch valve from, i assume you cant just use a regular one because of the temps involved.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
jred,
my valves are from greasecar. $55 each (get two)
they are good to 300degrees.

I don't currently use the tanktherm.... do you want the fittings?
at the moment, I'm going without a heated fuel pickup.

with just the heat exchanger, oil temps were 165-175 on my trip today (drove about 175miles, on 1.5gal of diesel).

i'm going to update that post with some current changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726