To those with the hypermax turbo

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
when i called and talked to hypermax the few times i did they are all about doing everything for you very good customer service, if i was going to buy a new turbo system it would hands down be hypermax! they are the best in my opinion

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Well after reading all these comments, I'm sold on Hypermax and I 'm not even looking for one.:rotflmao

If I ever turbo my daughter's truck, that's who I'll go with.;Sweet

Tom

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've been on the phone with Hypermax twice, first time when I bought my cowl induction setup and then again to find out about their smoke puff limiter, and both times they bent over backwards to help me out, unlike the folks at ATS who ****** me around for over a month and continually lied to me all to just to try to get one lousy down pipe , that they lied about having in stock in the first place, then once I finally got the blamed thing, it didn't even fit -cuss

If I had it to do all over, my turbo would be Hypermax as well :hail

Akzukman

Reaction score
My 87 has had its hypermax turbo system for a long time and it holds up well under my lead foot and with the cowl induction and a 4in straight pipe you can hear the turbo whistle pretty good at speeds, but not enough to be annoying. Ive run up to 14 psi but i typically back out of it once i hit those numbers because of egts. The guy that does most ford work up here in Anchorage, Ak said hypermax is the only company he will deal with for the old IDIs and hes been workin on ford diesels since the mid 80s.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ive got the hypermax and i love it best customer service
ive seen 14psi of boost
the best thing is that i found out is that the dt466 has the same turbo i got one sitting on my shelf same weird exhaust flange the only thing is if i were to put it on my truck is that id just have to clock it thats it
the one thing that id change on it is the oil feed line
all in all i love the thing

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEY WAIT?? did you say the DT466 turbo is the same one you got from hypermax? If so that would be some of the best news i have ever heard, all one would have to do is order the up-pipes and intake dealio and there you have it!

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
HEY WAIT?? did you say the DT466 turbo is the same one you got from hypermax? If so that would be some of the best news i have ever heard, all one would have to do is order the up-pipes and intake dealio and there you have it!

not quite that easy youll need the turbo flange and the down pipe youll just be better off buying the kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online