To buy or not...

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a chance to buy a 96 f350 powerstroke cab and chassis dually dump. $2000.00 obo. 80,000 original miles. Has a 8 or 9' Fisher minute mount 2 plow that works. Automatic. Flatbed dump but someone robbed the lift cylinder but the pump and tank is still there. Starts right up, shifts all 4 shifts and into reverse. Coolant tank looks nice and green, trans oil looks ruby red and pleasant smelling. Now besides that, it's an abortion. Rocker panels OK but driver side cab corner blown. Lower core support *****. Front brakes and rotor finished. Bumper rotted. Looks like front springs need all new bushings, spring shackles thin, track bar bushings look toast. Trans cooler lines already spliced to death. Original crushed down pipe that I always heard about and finally terrified to see. The studs that hold the manifolds to the up pipes are literally a 16th of an inch thick and will probably go at any time. Needs a windshield, a wing window and a mirror. The worst, the front spring perches on both sides are literally half rotted off with a hole in the frame in the center of it. Oh, and needs 6 new tires. Lol.
It's the mileage that's getting me. I wish it had 200,000 on it, I wouldn't even think about it. What do you guys think? The frame is straight and slightly crispy but over all in decent shape. Is the plow and drivetrain worth diving into this abortion? I'm torn. Hard! Thanks guys

OI82

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by the time you fix all the issues with that one,you would be up several grand and hundreds of man hours saved,by just buying something decent for 4-7k.I think I would pass.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 isn't a bad deal if you just want the drivetrain out of it for a swap maybe into another truck that's missing a motor and trans? 2000 for it maybe 1000 for clean body truck that's missing motor and trans? There's a group of three motor and trans missing obs powerstrokes near me sure they aren't I hard to come by?

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it runs good an 80k mile 7.3psd engine should pull over 1000$. Clean up and paint the dana 60, 1000$. There's the cost of the truck. You still have a trans, t-case, rear end, plow, and dump bed set up. If I had the money, I wouldn't even have to think about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True also even part out would be worth it if time allows, even a old Dana 60 brings 1200$ all day around me. Could earn more funds for the right truck??

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
As long as the plow is fully functional with the pivot cylinders, you'd be paying for the plow, and the truck's a freebie, I'd be all over that one, and the plow would be replacing my old western 8'

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86