Tire options 2018

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats really odd to hear about the toyos, ive got three sets on three trucks and have no issues at all, what size tire on what size wheel did you have?

I've got toyo open country's on mine absolutely hate them... No traction on snow and they are wearing fast, but that's what was on it when I got it. Waiting for them to burn off to get something better, definitely before winter. I like having fun in the snow, but only when I'm in control not just out of the blue unexpectedly...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got toyo open country's on mine absolutely hate them... No traction on snow and they are wearing fast, but that's what was on it when I got it. Waiting for them to burn off to get something better, definitely before winter. I like having fun in the snow, but only when I'm in control not just out of the blue unexpectedly...

Dont get much snow down here LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the Firestone Transforce A/T. Between Dad and I, we have had 5 sets on 3 diffent trucks. They wear well, and have good on and off road traction. My last set went over 70,000 miles.

Like the Firestone’s enough, I put a set of Destination LE/2 on the QX56..... main reason, being a half ton, road only truck, I didn’t need E range tires, and the added noise of the A/T. They are an excellent tire also, and really like them.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, y'all don't know what your missin'. Nothing better than scaring the wits out of your kids doing cookies around corners only to line up perfectly with your drive way and backing in... 15 years ago... still have the scars on my arm.... :Thumbs Up :rotflmao

Hey you gotta do the blues brother parking job at the local school to maintain the dad of the year position

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W? I'm needed to replace the tires on my 06 F150 and was thinking of giving those a try. Good reviews on Amazon, didn't know if anyone here had experience with them.

jeepj667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W? I'm needed to replace the tires on my 06 F150 and was thinking of giving those a try. Good reviews on Amazon, didn't know if anyone here had experience with them.
I've got the on my Isuzu Trooper. Only have a couple thousand miles on them but so far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats really odd to hear about the toyos, ive got three sets on three trucks and have no issues at all, what size tire on what size wheel did you have?
They were 235/85r16 load range E. I thought it was odd my srw called for that size so I went with 245/75’s on my bfg’s when I traded in my Toyos. I’ll probably stick to that size now. I can’t believe how soft those sidewalls were. Anything over 45mph I felt like they were going to roll off the bead. If I barely moved the steering wheel side to side it felt like the truck was shaking it’s ass lol. Friends from work said it looked like I was going to roll the truck when I did that. Maybe I just got a bad set, but I won’t try another after that experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only new tire experience are Michelin XPS Tractions. It's a commercial tire, quiet, nice stiff sidewalls and wears evenly. Only problem is that they wore down quite quickly, especially compared to the 25 year old set I have, which still has some tread on them... and are still not dry-rotted.