Timing Found shop in San Bernardino CA.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Well I have no idea what a Stanadyne Dynatrac Dynamic induction method is. I googled it, and google doesn't know either. Dynatrac made hub conversion kits, but I can't find anything about timing meters from them. :dunno Sounds to me like they are using a timing light with an inductive line clamp, but maybe they should say that and not me. cookoo

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Well I have no idea what a Stanadyne Dynatrac Dynamic induction method is. I googled it, and google doesn't know either. Dynatrac made hub conversion kits, but I can't find anything about timing meters from them. :dunno Sounds to me like they are using a timing light with an inductive line clamp, but maybe they should say that and not me. cookoo

Might be simillar to the machine one of the shops here used on mine, big hand held computer box that says Stanadyne on it. Other than that, I didnt pay much more attention. They set mine a little on the retarded side, so the 95 bucks I paid them, was wasted.

I was finally glad when I got Robert RLDSL to stop by here and set it properly for me last summer. So far so good.

J.P.

Reaction score
I'm not say in I spelled Stanadyne right, but he said it is made by the Co. that makes the IP, stanadyne! one part hooks up to the bracket on the crank shaft and I think the other hooks up to #1 or to something on the pump itself maybe this will shed some light

J.P.

Reaction score
Update: I turned the fuel up 1 flat and went for a test run and that made a big difference, I was able to get 8/9 pounds of boost and at 1000 degrees on the short grade near the house. So I went ahead and put the timing back to the 3.5 mark just to see how it would run, figuring I could always put it back up, went for a test run with the same basic results, maybe closer to 9/10 pounds boost but I did notice the engine temp seemed cooler. in either case I had a little black smoke at take off that went away pretty quick. According to the EGTs, I could possibly turn the fuel up a little more, but I think I will wait for my next trip in August. I also noticed that it actually now, tops out in a gear which I did not have before. I installed the new CDR and got rid of the Road tube while I had the Cowl off, got tired of getting stuff all over whatever I am towing. FYI the CDR I purchased from Ford, and was expecting it to be around $86 but asked for the good guy discount and it was $67

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Bill knows his stuff ...

With the gears in the correct alignment for the IP, with a turbo 9.5* to 10* BTDC is about right, that depends on how old the injectors and IP are, but it's a good place to start.

My buddy Bill knows what he is talking about ;Sweet

He's the only guy I will let time my pump or check my injectors

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online