Time to tune the old girl up

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK fellow's, I'am going to break down and spend some money on my girl ;Sweet Want to buy new injectors,,, what should i get? Did the return lines last year. Also may check on a new inj. pump, any suggestions? Also thinking of a electric fuel pump, whats a good one for this? Now if i replace just the injectors and not the IP pump would i still have to time her? I think someone on here is renting out a timing meter, would anyone be able to time her up with this or is there alot to it? :dunno Shoot me some suggestions. Forgot to mention this first, 1992 F-250, 7.3 Turbo with 143,000 miles, never had any of the above changed. Still runs good but getting somewhat sluggish and smoking alot at start-up. Little miss in her also. I also did the glowplugs last year ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel lives in Pa and does timing plus sells a great pump. The injectors you want at BB codes and nothing else. Almost any injector will work but these are the best. Typ4 also sells a great pump and ijnectors too. These are great guys to deal with. Honest and fair.
At this mileage your really due for a pump and injectors. Your at the high end of the mileage limit. I'm the person that offers the timing meter rental program. My fee is $60.00 and I pay the shipping to you. Replacing any injector or pump requires the engine to be timed for proper mileage and hp. They also can run cooler because of improper timing if it is that way.
Genlightening sells a great electric pump. Its called transcold made by Carrier. They are what you find on the refer semi trailers. They are the proper rate and pressure for us. Holley Red works but they changed where they are made now. The quality has slipped. I ran one for well over 100,000 miles when it finally failed. The next one fell apart in about 30,000 miles.. So I have the carrier and its great. Do not run the electric and the mechanical together. The diaphram will fail on the mechanicl and fuel will enter the oil. That will kill the engine. Bearings don't like diesel as oil....:angel:

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently adding a FASS Fuel system to a customers 93 7.3 w/factory turbo. I believe this is the best upgrade and I will be able to remove the engine mounted fuel filter to clean up the engine bay.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel lives in Pa and does timing plus sells a great pump. The injectors you want at BB codes and nothing else. Almost any injector will work but these are the best. Typ4 also sells a great pump and ijnectors too. These are great guys to deal with. Honest and fair.
At this mileage your really due for a pump and injectors. Your at the high end of the mileage limit. I'm the person that offers the timing meter rental program. My fee is $60.00 and I pay the shipping to you. Replacing any injector or pump requires the engine to be timed for proper mileage and hp. They also can run cooler because of improper timing if it is that way.
Genlightening sells a great electric pump. Its called transcold made by Carrier. They are what you find on the refer semi trailers. They are the proper rate and pressure for us. Holley Red works but they changed where they are made now. The quality has slipped. I ran one for well over 100,000 miles when it finally failed. The next one fell apart in about 30,000 miles.. So I have the carrier and its great. Do not run the electric and the mechanical together. The diaphram will fail on the mechanicl and fuel will enter the oil. That will kill the engine. Bearings don't like diesel as oil....:angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance