Tie-Rod End Bushing

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does these bushing pressed or i have to buy the complete sway bar link for each side . i stopped out of curiosity at the ZONE and found that you can't just buy the bushing which i think its a BS ..

Can i press new busing ? Mine are sloppy , dry and causing my steering lock to lock to hit like a wrench in a can

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
So you just want the Rubber not the metal tab?
Looking at my 86 it appears there the same style that's on my Suburban.
these are energy suspension bushings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 52

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nop i started the thread wrong ... it's my Tie Rod ends .. Both of them are shot , sloppy and have enough play in them . surprised that the darn shop who did my alignment did not see them or say any thing

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nop i started the thread wrong ... it's my Tie Rod ends .. Both of them are shot , sloppy and have enough play in them . surprised that the darn shop who did my alignment did not see them or say any thing

They did see them...they wanted mo money.....when u ckme back for second alignment after replacing them.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did see them...they wanted mo money.....when u ckme back for second alignment after replacing them.

Yup ... I agree that was the shop i wont let them touch my break system or ball joint because they quoted me $1100. I said NO . I done them my self with buying new tool for close to $300 but took the truck back to them for alignment ..lol

Can i just replace both Tie rod ends ? I seen some replacement at rock auto

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup ... I agree that was the shop i wont let them touch my break system or ball joint because they quoted me $1100. I said NO . I done them my self with buying new tool for close to $300 but took the truck back to them for alignment ..lol

Can i just replace both Tie rod ends ? I seen some replacement at rock auto

I honeztly cant recall if your TRE's are both replacable or not I think so...look

If so start soaking **** outta them and keep soaki g with pb or liquid wrench etc

Alignment or toe in iz easy to do.

Anyway look and you can answer yer own question

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

P.S. - I fixed the title.......

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto = if there listed for your truck they'll fit. Count how many turns it takes to take the old ones off, screw the new ones on the same amount of turns, alignment will be awful close. Just don't turn the coupling, only the end.

Lazy ass Autozone guys can order them.

they got them.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...nd&year=1994&make=Ford&model=F-350&vi=1126875

EDIT Better go Rock Auto, didn't know they where a sponser til just now.

By Sniclas
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/for...p?153-RockAuto

RockAuto is a really good place. I just ordered my parts for the P71 from there last night... and the code knocked a bit off....

Last edited:

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I just did the Tie Rod Ends on my suburban nothing else
i got it aligned pretty good but went ahead and had a Shop do it just so it was 100% hey tires are expensive $55 wasn't bad at all.