This is why you dont use ether on diesels!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done that a few times, you just have to be quick airing them up.

clip-on air chuck,have guy stand a ways away while he kinks the air hose.spray and light ether.as tire goes boom release air hose.:sly been there done that as well.10 24.5 tires one day.had the fire deparment show up at the house for reported explosions.they just shook thier heads and left :rotflmao

tire companies wont warranty a tire that ether used on it.it can break the cords,seperate the tread among other things and it can be smelt 10 years later.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
clip-on air chuck,have guy stand a ways away while he kinks the air hose.spray and light ether.as tire goes boom release air hose.:sly been there done that as well.10 24.5 tires one day.had the fire deparment show up at the house for reported explosions.they just shook thier heads and left :rotflmao

tire companies wont warranty a tire that ether used on it.it can break the cords,seperate the tread among other things and it can be smelt 10 years later.

Clip-on chuck? that would make things too easy LOL

I remember the first time I ever used ether on a tire, sprayed it in there, light it up, tire goes BOOM!

And while me and the my brother are sitting there laughing like schools girls about it, the tire falls off the bead again, damn 16.5's! :rotflmao

If it wasn't for the fact that they were cheap humvee tires, and I couldn't get them to even come close to starting a bead on the 10 wide rim, I wouldn't have used ether.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I like to shoot ether in very small amounts outside the air filter if needed, if in doubt, use less, you can always try again! Then I let it sit 30 seconds to a minute, it is usually harder to start than with glow plugs, but it does the trick in a pinch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online