Thinking about an EGR delete. Opinions?

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about an EGR delete for my pick-up. It has 182,000+ miles on it and the EGR valve causes nothing but trouble it seems. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has done it or techs who have an opinion...pro or con.

Thanks y'all.

Priscilla
:dunno

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not done it but those that have are happy with the results.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i built my own. I was pretty easy if you have access to a welder and a hacksaw. I had to install heads studs/gaskets and replace the little orange hose that goes from the egr cooler to the oil cooler cover because it was leaking. So i decided to knock it out all at once. Took about 16 hrs. But we pulled the cab and did all the 100k maintence at the same time. There were 4 of us that did this came out real well i picked up 3.4 mpg avg. And now i can finally run a pretty hot tune and have a good piece of mind while towing. Egts dropped by about 60 degrees on flat ground running empty. I wish i would have done it earlier!

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
There's no downside to disabling the EGR, it was the thing that caused the domino effect of problems in the first place. Block it off, reprogram the computer and have a beautiful day. And change the coolant to the Evans Waterless style. You won't regret it.

NecessarysFord

Reaction score
You wont regret it, some of the kits with the stainless exaust tube makes o lot of in the cab noise. My advise is buy a kit like the Sinster Diesel kit and use everything but this pipe and just have a plate made and welded on yours you can get this kit for about 265 shipped trust me on this one i have mine apart right now taking that thin walled pipe off mine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7