The source of my overheating when towing...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old original radiator looked like that, or worse.

I got a Ready-Rad replacement from Advance and am well satisfied with it.

M

maxdiesel

Some diluted muriatic acid would work wonders on that crud. But be careful don't breath in the fumes or get it on your skin.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get an A+ for looking in there! I can think of a certain someone at last years rally who bolted up their fan sort of funny and found out the hard way what the REAL problem was. Never underestimate the human capacity to overlook the obvious. LOL

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hot is vegas now. I gotta appear in traffic court there tomorrow

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Around $625.00 if I recall but... You will never have a heating issue again... Unless you loose the coolant...

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Its definatley going to be replaced. Screw acids, and cleaners and fixing it. The problem only comes up when towing, and since im not doing that as of now, it can wait until i can afford a replacement from NAPA or Advance. Leaning more twards NAPA. I never started replacing new parts since I started buying them from Advance.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Well, I say screw cleaning it as far as myself doing it. Its going to a radiator shop hopefully soon to get a pro's opinion on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you try the murratic acid be careful about where you dump it. Going down the street isn't cool... Also doing it yourself will save money and you know its done right. Don't just buy a new radiator and think the block will be fine. It has plenty of buildup on it too.... Flushing many times is your friend...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They cant do anything except a boil and flush, these radiators have dimpled tubes and the age old practice of "rodding" them out will not work. Almost all the radiators are now made in thailand, india or mexico. So shop around and make damn sure you get a 4 row if you go original, the 3 row makes heat while towing, and you can ask how I know this if you need to. Also they fit 85 to97 I believe. I took mine out of a 97 f450. Maybe even newer.

sassyrel

Reaction score
as russ said--theres a LOT of foriegn trash out there--be lucky if it lasts one year---run a rad shop, along with other things--people buy them--then later come here, and complain to me they are no good----:dunno--i DONT sell that trash--the brass is very thin--