The Powersmoke is broken down. Bad.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck broke down for good tonight. Lots of thumping noises from the crank area.:puke: Shame really, I really liked this truck.

So here's the deal. I'm putting it up for sale. I'm in the Seattle area. The truck has 221k on it. 1986 F250 XLT Lariat. Hypermax turbo system. The Gear Vendors alone on there is worth 2k. New tires, new wheels, 50 gallon extra fuel tank in the bed with all the plumbing there ready to go. 4x4 system works great, never had a lick of trouble with it.

It's blue and white, has some minor bumps here and there on the body, nothing major. It's setup to run on biodiesel, the fuel lines and fuel system have been upgraded to run the stuff.

I just don't have the time or facilities to work on it, and I should probably get something newer for my needs, but one of you guys will probably like it for a project truck or for the parts.

I'm asking 3,000 or best offer. I'm not going to go below 2,000 as the Gear Vendors installation is worth that much.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That really stinks. I'm sorry to hear your truck is dead. I really think that is a far price and someone could easily drop a rebuilt or running IDI in there and go for another 200,000+ miles.

Too bad you are so far West and too bad you don't have the means to fix it.

Don't be a stranger here either.;Sweet

Heath

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I sure appreciate the good words there. I need to get the old dog sold. I'm looking at newer Powerstrokes.

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got any pics?????i am looking for a home for a spare 7.3 I just built and this sounds pretty good:sly

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy, just send me your email address and I'll send you the pics. You'll have to tow the truck if you decide to purchase it.

Swapping an engine in there is just too much work for me and my place.

Thanks for the interest! The drive train is ultra solid, I also have a spare transfer case if your interested. I have the original rims with tires as well. I'd like to keep the white spoke rims and tires.

The truck has new brakes all the way around too with a recent master cylinder. K&N filter with hypermax setup.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone else is interested.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I sure appreciate the good words there. I need to get the old dog sold. I'm looking at newer Powerstrokes.

Not me! I've come to realize I can replace the whole engine in an IDI for what it costs to repair a PSD. If you were closer, I'd buy it for sure. Whatever is wrong with it, can be fixed for a hell of a lot less than the same problem in a stroker.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me! I've come to realize I can replace the whole engine in an IDI for what it costs to repair a PSD. If you were closer, I'd buy it for sure. Whatever is wrong with it, can be fixed for a hell of a lot less than the same problem in a stroker.

What I'm shooting for in a truck is a 95 to 99 model. I don't care for the newer body styles. I agree with you on the the repair costs, but I don't have the time or the shop to do it in.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, one more chance before this truck goes up on craigslist. I"d like to sell this truck to someone who will appreciate it and get it running again. The running gear alone is worth the price. The tires and rims alone cost me 1000 bucks 8 months ago.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Email me and I can send you pics when I get home from Idaho.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on adding pics. An easy way would be to add some pics to your profile so members can look at your truck.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is true, but I'm currently at my family home in Idaho and will not be able to post pictures until next week. I can email you pictures if you like.

you can contact me at [email protected] and I will send the pics of the truck as fast as possible next week.

I'd like to sell the truck asap. An offer of $2,500 would fit the bill as the running gear is all solid, it's just the small problem of a snapped crankshaft. Perfect for that transplant project I know you guys like to do.

I just don't have the time or the garage to carry out the operation and figure the truck should go to a person who can do the job and enjoy it as I have.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
IF you would like to keep the truck. I have a spare 6.9 in my garage and am a few hours south. I could bring the engine, my hoist and tools and do the swap in a day if some other locals would be willing to help.

Not gonna be free as this is gonna suck on my end, But I will get it done and be well more than fair.

pm me if you are interested.

I just did an engine swap in a 95 powerchoke in a gravel driveway beside a duplex for a guy. I know I can slam an idi in a hurry.

punk