The move is on!!!

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I will be leaving tomorrow morning (5 am), heading to Eagan, MN.
Total mile will be 1780ish. Should be lots of snow. I'm interested in seeing how the truck makes out. All lubed up, new fluids, and extra's of everything.
I'll post pictures once I'm there with a write up of the trip.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Good luck Chris, sounds like an interesting trip. Thanks again for the great deal on the ol' rear end. It's now completely rebuilt inside and out to '97 specs, and 3.31:1 ;Sweet

Merry Christmas and a happy new year, looking forward to your (hopefully successful) trip report

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be safe have a good trip, gonna miss you being so close.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
If you see a good deal on a plow along the way...load it into the back seat!! It makes things SO much easier!! lol. Have a safe trip, check in when you get setup t let us know you made it all ok!

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
The old tractor is holding its own.
Made it to Missoula, MT last night. Weather was poopy today and only made it to Forsyth, MT.
With the truck full (3 engines,torchs,tools, etc) and towing my trailer with my Fairlane station wagon on it. I've been averaging 12 1/2 to13 1/2 mpg

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Sorry guys that it took so long to update, but I just got internet at the house.

Overall the drive went well. Went from Portland, Or to Mossula, Mt on the first day with not problems (we were ahead of the storm). The second day we only made it to Forysth, MT due to wind/snow conditions (this is where the storm caught us). The third day we only made it to Bismark, ND were we ended up staying for three days due to I-94 being closed from Jamestown to Fargo.
It was here in Bismark that my truck developed a odd problem (I'll start a new post on that). When the highway finally opened we push all the way to St, Paul, MN.

I saw lots of snow, and am currently seeing lots of snow. Ugh!

The pictures are from Forysth, MT. You can see the Penske truck hauling my Mustang and my truck hauling my Fairlane.

Attachments

• forysth, MT 1.jpg
    forysth, MT 1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 97
  • forysth, MT 2.jpg
    forysth, MT 2.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 97

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the great white North!!:D Glad you made it safely.

Those pictures are kind of tiny!:dunno