The Infamous Colorado Truck is ALIVE!!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks to Ron!

Remember the Colorado Truck SAGA?..

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15012&highlight=colorado

Well after having Ken install a motor that I purchased a while back, he got it installed and it had a dead cylnder,.....bummer,....gotta do another motor swap

Then I purchased the 88 Parts truck from Detroit that had a 20k mile Rebuilt motor in it. Ron came up and helped Bob dissasemble the truck (he does have plenty of experience!) and sent it out to Ken. It took a while for him to get to it as busy as he has been so I talked to Ron and he said he could get it installed for me,...FOOL,...oops,....er,..I mean,.. COOL,..;Sweet

Well I picked up the trailer and headed out to Kens shop, pikced up the Colorado truck and headed down to Ron's. He got it on a Friday, night and had it back in and running by Tuesday. He got all of the bugs worked out of it and I got the truck back Yesterday! That thing runs STRONG! It would give Big Ed a run for it's money, At least as far as I can remember,...:rolleyes:

There are a few more things that I need to do but it is now offically for sale!

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16953

So Thanks agin Ron!;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Thanks to Ron!

Remember the Colorado Truck SAGA?..

It took a while for him to get to it as busy as he has been so I talked to Ron and he said he could get it installed for me,...FOOL,...oops,....er,..I mean,.. COOL,..;Sweet

Well I picked up the trailer and headed out to Kens shop, pikced up the Colorado truck and headed down to Ron's. He got it on a Friday, night and had it back in and running by Tuesday. He got all of the bugs worked out of it and I got the truck back Yesterday! That thing runs STRONG! It would give Big Ed a run for it's money, At least as far as I can remember,...:rolleyes:

So Thanks agin Ron!;Sweet

;Sweet :moon: :moon: :thumbsup:
Got a test run in before it snowed again huh.
Ya know I wasn't kidding that that thing runs gooooood!:love:

Hey tis no problem. It was a good experience for me now haing the knowledge of 2 different aftermarket turbo systems.;Sweet
I do like the ATS turbo whistle much more than the Banks system for both trucks having straight piped 3" exhaust......

For now anyway.:D

SKimballC

Reaction score
Good to see the drama conclude with a happy ending. You need to add a stipulation to the sale that whoever buys it has to let it hang out here.
I've never much liked a dually but that truck gives me a *****.:love: Uh, how about a nice profile shot for me to remember her by?LOL

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....Hey tis no problem. It was a good experience for me now haing the knowledge of 2 different aftermarket turbo systems.;Sweet
I do like the ATS turbo whistle much more than the Banks system for both trucks having straight piped 3" exhaust......
so how loud was the decel bark on the ATS? My truck is straight piped and there's nothing quiet about it when you let off the throttle above 2k rpm. I'm suprised I haven't gotten a noise ticket for it yet.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!
Nice ending, and here is hoping that you break even with all the stress and heart ache....
And it is a sweet truck. Hope mine looks that good one day

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
towcat said:
so how loud was the decel bark on the ATS? My truck is straight piped and there's nothing quiet about it when you let off the throttle above 2k rpm. I'm suprised I haven't gotten a noise ticket for it yet.

Calvin,
-Drool Nuthin but-Drool
Them straight piped ATS's really talk out loud that's for sure.

I let one rip in my barn yesterday just a quick rap and WOW that thing cakled in a purdy tough way.:Thumbs Up

On the decel sweet music.:love:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent