The 7th Annual Fall Rally is oficall ON!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The 7th Annual Fall Rally is ofically ON!

Back by Popular Demand, Lori and I are Honored to host the 7th Annual East Lake Camping Oilburners Fall Get Together! (AKA Big Ed didn't make it to the Rally, Rally)

Where: Eastlake Campgrounds, Hopkins MI. http://www.eastlakecamping.com/

When: September, 12,13,14,15. Most will come in on Friday the 13, but we will be there Thurs the 12 for anyone that can make it that early.

Who: Whoever wants to attend, With or without an IDI or a Diesel for that matter, Bring what you can bring, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Volvo Wagon, Bike,..whatever,.

Why: Because it is Buy one Night, get one night Free Camping! cant beat that! See the website for the coupon.

This is an event that Lori and I have been putting this on every year just an excuse to have a laid back camping weekend with friends. No events are planned but we usually end up blowing something up and giving us something to fix, Making a Junkyard run to the local Pick and Pull, or go to my shop to fix whatever we broke.

We normally have this on the weekend of the Chili Cook off, however there was some scheduling conflicts with that weekend, so instead we will be able to participate in the campgrounds Harvest Festival! Bring your costumes for the kids, and candy to pass out, as they will be campsite "trick or treating". Here is the info from their website:

Harvest Festival
No scary costumes please! This is not a Halloween party. We start off "begging" for candy as a group, then we meet in the barn for games, prizes, crafts, cookie decorating,
slime-making and snacks. $2.00 per child

I have GOOD News and the BAD News on the campsites;

GOOD News: They have revamped all of the campsites and made them larger.

BAD News , There aren't as many to campsites to choose from, so space may be limited. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY PLEASE!

Right now I have 9 campsites reserved, I have 4 together the rest are a little scattered, as they already have other reservations that weekend, so as of now they are looking to move some of the other reservations so we can have the 8 or so campsites closer. I will update how that is going in the coming days. but whatever, we can make it work,..no probs,..

We also have the Cabin and Both Trailers on hold for our group, So if you want to drive in and don't have a camper, you can rent one of these. They are first come first served.

When you call in please let them know that you are with Darrin Tosh and the Ford Diesel Truck Get Together.

Here is the number, Cathy and Greg are the owners. Andrea their daughter works there as well.

269-793-7177
3091 Weicks Drive
Hopkins, MI 49328

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know! and also let me know asap who is able to attend.

From all of the talk from the IDI Rally this year we could have a real good turnout, Last year we had about 8 familys for the weekend.

Hope to see ya there!

Last edited:

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Sweet!!! Will look into getting reserved this weekend!!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
we are going to do our best to make it....no camping for us though. probably stay at the comfort inn not far up the road...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still hoping to make one of these buddy. Don't know if it will work out for us or not. Will be there if we can.

Heath

pafixitman

Reaction score
The dog catcher told me to try and make it. I start seeing what I can do to be there. It is a good bit of swimming though! How far from Brighton are you?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The dog catcher told me to try and make it. I start seeing what I can do to be there. It is a good bit of swimming though! How far from Brighton are you?

Hey, I have heard of that Dude! It would be great if you could make, Been a WHILE!

The Campground is only a 2 Hour Drive from Brighton, MI

Keep us posted,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Still hoping to make one of these buddy. Don't know if it will work out for us or not. Will be there if we can.
Heath

Lori and I would love it if you guys could make it, I know it is a haul for you for a weekend, so my suggestion is to take the week off and do some Michigan stuff. The camping is buy one night get one free,...You can get your moneys worth that way,...

Just a Suggestion,..:sly

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
we are going to do our best to make it....no camping for us though. probably stay at the comfort inn not far up the road...

Cool the Comfort Inn is right around the corner from my Shop and a 20 min drive from the Campground. That appears to be the closest Choice Hotels.

It is a Nice Hotel: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-grand_rapids-michigan-MI231

7644 Caterpillar Ct SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49548 ‎

This one is 20 min drive as well, just south of the campground instead of north:

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-plainwell-michigan-MI416

622 Allegan St.
Plainwell, MI, US, 49080

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Cool the Comfort Inn is right around the corner from my Shop and a 20 min drive from the Campground. That appears to be the closest Choice Hotels.

It is a Nice Hotel: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-grand_rapids-michigan-MI231

7644 Caterpillar Ct SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49548 ‎

This one is 20 min drive as well, just south of the campground instead of north:

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-plainwell-michigan-MI416

622 Allegan St.
Plainwell, MI, US, 49080

Think I've stayed at both at one time or another! :)

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of these years I'll make it. I still have To have the IDI to take.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I've always been welcomed without my IDI...ribbed that I actually don't own one a time or two, but all in good fun! lol I've been to summer and fall rally's and never taken my truck, so don't let that stop ya!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
OK I'm reserved!! Now we need to get Barbers there!!! We can't have a fall rally without the fire ****!!