thanks to OB, i now have a rebuilt and 5 speed swapped F250!

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
I'd like to have a copy of that too please. I'm in the middle of my swap and the ZF5 is suppoed to have an issue shifting into reverse. I shifts just fine in reverse sitting on the shop floor.:rotflmao

Heath
sounds familiar heath... :rolleyes:

mine is a little iffy going in any gear tho so im gonna chalk it up to a thin flywheel

flybear

Reaction score
Thanks,George7.3IDI for the link. I'm guessing there's not any real difference between the s5-42 and s5-47?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,George7.3IDI for the link. I'm guessing there's not any real difference between the s5-42 and s5-47?
As I understand it, the main difference is that the S5-47 can handle more torque...also, the clutch release mechanism's re-located slightly so that the entire assembly (including the slave cylinder) is inside the bellhousing and therefore can't be accessed while the engine and tranny are mated together. AFAIK an S5-47 will bolt right in place of an S5-42 (or a T-19 for that matter)...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
As I understand it, the main difference is that the S5-47 can handle more torque...also, the clutch release mechanism's re-located slightly so that the entire assembly (including the slave cylinder) is inside the bellhousing and therefore can't be accessed while the engine and tranny are mated together. AFAIK an S5-47 will bolt right in place of an S5-42 (or a T-19 for that matter)...

Both the 42 and 47 have external slave cylinders. The torque rating is higher on the 47(470ft lbs tq) the 42(420 ft lbs tq)

To the OP. I would assume your Oil pressure gauge does not wrk correctly, I hope

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
Both the 42 and 47 have external slave cylinders. The torque rating is higher on the 47(470ft lbs tq) the 42(420 ft lbs tq)

To the OP. I would assume your Oil pressure gauge does not wrk correctly, I hope
its unplugged, thats also why the "engine" light is on... never seen a more useless "gauge"

i have a temporary air gap gauge under the hood until my electric sender and a-pillar pod come in. i have 50 lbs cold and off idle, 15 lbs warm idle.

flybear

Reaction score
Those are the identical OP numbers I have, too. I guess that's not unusual for the 6.9? My "ENGINE" light was always coming on at idle with around 15 psi, so I put in a mechanical gauge and grounded the sender wire. Does anyone know if the "ENGINE" light will still come on if my coolant temp gets too high? I have a mechanical gauge for that as well, so I'm not relying on the factory gauge, I'm just curious about my light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle