TFI-IV troubleshooting

C

cash

no fire at the coil. I have changed the coil, the dist and tfi module, and had the computer rebuilt. So looks like I am back to the wire harness that I have gone over many times. Please help me with this chiltons troubleshooting

I do not understand how this (wiring harness test) can work this #1 wire is a direct ground?
Also the ignition coil primary circuit test failed I got a continuous light but it did not flash. :dunno(click on link)
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/at...ent.php?attachmentid=31980&stc=1&d=1286133429

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried putting the key in the run position and then bypass the starter switch (under the hood)to see if it will start?

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry it took so long to get back but to answer your replies , yes i did by pas the switch under the hood and i did find two diodes that I temporarily bypassed, this is 1986 I also had the computer rebuilt. I still don't know what the answer is. Thanks for the replies.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need more info on the trk. year, make, model, engine size, tranny type. also fuel injection type.