test from new photo hosting site

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
this is a test, this is only a test, if this were real then I'd tell ya :rotflmao

You must be registered for see images

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great shot John, great composition and great subject... what were the camera settings?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean you cant see it?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You mean you cant see it?

Sure I can see it, it's a huge elk in the crosshairs of my .300 Win Mag Encore at 75 yards, I'm hunting with my good bud in Wyoming, he hosts a site online, VERY much like this one!!! :) He says it's the biggest elk he's ever seen and that if I shoot it, he'll take care of getting it field dressed, quartered and hauled out why I sit in the truck and drink a cold one (or ten). I had to crank the power down on my scope to fit his antlers in my field of view. Boy, it's nice to have such great friends, thanks for taking the pic for me John, just before I unleash a 180 grainer at it! :backoff ;Sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Thanks gang, Mike, I'll have to go back and look at the exif info, I don't recall the setting right off.

Scott and Kevin, I don't know why you can't see the image unless you have a firewall blocking it or something, it's not locked on my end :confused:

Geo, I'm probably going to set zenfolio up as my new image host, I can upload the full size images, protect them from being downloaded (pirated) and sell prints all in one place.

Zenfolio has a better shopping cart, better choice in labs and paper and is less expensive than smugmug (strange name but hey) plus the layout is better IMHO.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Went to the site, very nice, but as far as the post here, this is what I see:

Attachments

• p510810106.png
    p510810106.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 3

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
jharvy- what are you shooting with?

That image was shot with a Nikon D70s, I have since upgraded to a D200 and am thinking about a D300 in the short future, got to get approval from the war department first though LOL

Mike here are the specs on that shot
Nikon D70s
55mm
f4 for 1/30 +.07 ev

John