Tell me what you think about this one

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting another truck and came across this one. It has not been advertised nor has it even been prepped to sell at this point. The owner is into his 60's and health conditions are forcing him to close his lawn care business. He has had this truck for as long as I can remember, possibly may have bought it new. Never plowed with it, usually sat in winter.

Truck is N/A, 5 speed, 4x4, XLT Lariat. Mileage is unknown to me at this point, guessing around 200k, batteries were too weak to start it. I am assuming it will start and go down the road with little fuss. Tell me what you think guys......

You must be registered for see images

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Pretty much drive it the way it sits so I can do some repairs on mine. I have a hydraulic unit to make the bed dump, that's about the most I have in mind as far as doing things to it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Is this an 88 or 89. Its the same color as my rig. Nice clean looking rig really.

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is get er' runnin, let it warm up listen for engine noises and take it for a long test drive. It's a 5 speed 4x4 crew cab which are almost non-existent anymore. It looks a surpisingly clean frame and body for a jersey truck, (i know the pain of being in the salt belt finding a decent truck). If it drives straight pulls good and goes through the gears well it looks like a good buy. Now as what to offer him weelll I'll leave that up to you ;Really

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im cheap. id offer $2000 for the truck and the utility trailer next to it. sell the trailer for $1200 and enjoy your $800 truck

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably about what its worth, at least at that price you can get your money back out of it in parts/scrap.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Unless its cheap cheap cheap, I'd fly west and buy one thats not rotted out....like your last one.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4549779260.html

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4591913342.html

And yes I understand the last ones an auto, but you get the idea.

Don't get me looking at pacific northwest trucks, damn it. You're making me drool! Honestly, I'd like to have more of the money to go I to my yellow and white truck. I was thinking about an early 90's Explorer until this crew cab came along.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with as much as ive become disappointed in idi's, if that 93 were a five speed......I'd really consider it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance