tailight wiring problem

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all, I am just doing some finishing touches to my truck, such as the tailight and headlights, I have run into a problem with the taillights,Brakes,turns, etc.....;Pissed The fuse for the stop lights pops whenever I push the pedal and also the turn signals and tailights act like they have no ground. Now from what I can see there are only 5 wires for the rear lights, orange/blue, green/yellow black,brown and black/purple, Now I am out of Ideas I have tried it all and now I am hopeing that someone knows more about this wiring than I do, any input would be appreaciated. Thanks-Brad-

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TO FIND THE DAM, WORK UP THE CREEK

Start at the lights, themselves, and clean/inspect everything that has anything to do with the functioning of the lights, grounds, bulb-sockets, wire-splices, connecters, etc.

Dis-assemble every wire-connecter and clean the contacts, squeezing any connecters to make them grip tighter.

As you work your way toward the battery, you will eventually find the problem, and in the process you will prevent a lot of future problems.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you spot something obvious there is no easy way out of tracking down electrical problems. You gotta start on one end and work your way to the other until you find it.

Id start with the light sockets and check the grounds and then the continuity to see if I could find a short first and then start working my way to the cab tracing the wiring

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question:confused: , but where do the lights in the rear get their ground? it seems like all 5 wire have a function but I dont see a ground? -Brad-

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726