T444e problems

Jeffs

Reaction score
I used rotella 5w40 synthetic. I am hoping to haul my excavator today to see how it does. One thing that happened yesterday (that has been a problem for years) that I haven’t mentioned in these particular posts. After the truck sits for a day or so it will start and run for a second or so and then die. It usually starts the second time and runs but yesterday it died twice. Any ideas as 5o what would cause this issue?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You need to see if the fuel bowl is full after sitting a few days.
Same for the hpop reservoir.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Jeffs

Reaction score
ANOTHER UPDATE: Yesterday, I loaded my 8k excavator and went back to town. Prior to departing, I checked out the streighner attached to the fuel bowl. It did have some trash in it. (it looked light watery/oily/rusty gunk from my fuel tank that has been suspect for a few months and have been addinf fuel additives with some improvements. I just haven’t bought another tank because it’s in the $600 range and don’t want to spend that if I don’t have too). After cleaning I ran the truck and it ran great. No rough idle, good power on hills and no stalls or failure of any kind. It blows my mind that an oil change could make such an improvement and I actually feel pretty dumb for having spent so much money trying to chase down the problem. I’ll keep you updated. ON ANOTHER NOTE. I’m having issues with the transmission when I come to a stop. For a few seconds it disengages and then re-engages. It’s worse when it’s hot. Transmission fluid looks clean but is showing over full when hot. I took it to Mr. Transmission and was told it is a special kind of Allison and they couldn’t get the filters to change. How do I find out what I have and where to get parts? Thanks in advance.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should be a tag on the side of the trans. It's likely a 1000 series Allison. Pretty common.
I bought filters at bumper to bumper. Can also be purchased online.
When you say disengage and re-engage, could you explain that more?
The injectors in these are driven by a high pressure oil pump. That's why clean oil is important. Also needs to have good anti-foaming.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANOTHER UPDATE: Yesterday, I loaded my 8k excavator and went back to town. Prior to departing, I checked out the streighner attached to the fuel bowl. It did have some trash in it. (it looked light watery/oily/rusty gunk from my fuel tank that has been suspect for a few months and have been addinf fuel additives with some improvements. I just haven’t bought another tank because it’s in the $600 range and don’t want to spend that if I don’t have too). After cleaning I ran the truck and it ran great. No rough idle, good power on hills and no stalls or failure of any kind. It blows my mind that an oil change could make such an improvement and I actually feel pretty dumb for having spent so much money trying to chase down the problem. I’ll keep you updated. ON ANOTHER NOTE. I’m having issues with the transmission when I come to a stop. For a few seconds it disengages and then re-engages. It’s worse when it’s hot. Transmission fluid looks clean but is showing over full when hot. I took it to Mr. Transmission and was told it is a special kind of Allison and they couldn’t get the filters to change. How do I find out what I have and where to get parts? Thanks in advance.

you're losing fuel pressure/flow because of the trash in the tank that is clogging the strainer. You need to drop the tank(s) and clean them out and replace whatever is contributing to the trash. That's why the truck stalls out.

spectra makes tanks for the OBS fords not sure about an international rollback....do you have a single tank?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86