T-19 to Zf5

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top of the ZF5 made contact with my bullnose floor pan.

With a body lift it might clear but the bullnose boot would have to be made to work with the larger diameter ZF shifter. Otherwise, I have no idea how his bullnose pan fit over the ZF. I had lots of pics of this on webshots, but that has been dead forever.

If I have time tomorrow I’ll see if I can find those pics and post them.

Shifter for the T-case does not go through the pan on ZF trucks but the drivers side of the trans tunnel. So that’s why you’d need to cut the ZF pan for the T-case shifter on a bullnose. There is no t-case shifter opening on the ZF pan.

The mount boss isn’t the difference between the two transmissions, the shifter is. Different shape/bend. The bullnose t-case shifter works just fine on the ZF, but you have to make an opening for it in the ZF pan.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stole these pics from one of Tim’s old posts when he did the swap.... I’ll try and find mine tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bullnose pan installed before the ZF was fitted into Tim’s truck. ZF pan in floor next to it. Same for me with my swap.

Bullnose pan over the ZF. Notice it sits on the trans and isn’t able to contact the cab floor.

This is why a ZF pan is needed.... again may be fine if your bullnose rig has a body lift.

Heath

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
With Ford you may have a BW transfer case or NP in the same year LOL. I found that there are always variations. In my conversion to zf5 I used part of a cross member from one truck and part of it from another. Two pieces from two different trucks that used existing holes but one piece kind of swerved an inch either way as I recall. Same driveline.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Top view: '91 4x4 F350 460 ZF5 floor pan on the left. '86 F350 4x4 C6 floor pan on the right.

Side view (notice the difference in height): '91 4x4 F350 460 ZF5 floor pan on the left. '86 F350 4x4 C6 floor pan on the right.

Top view: '91 4x4 F350 460 ZF5 floor pan modified for bullnose t-case shifter on the left. '86 F350 4x4 C6 floor pan on the right.

'91 4x4 F350 460 ZF5 floor pan in the front after modification with tools needed (for me at least) to do the mod. '86 F350 4x4 C6 floor pan in the back.

Heath

6.9_Idi

6.9idi Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response but I would like to thank everyone for the helpful comments! I decided when installing my ZF5 to wait and see if the old floor pan worked that way I wouldn’t loose money on parts I didn’t need. It turns out that the old floor pan from the t19 worked just fine I just needed to drill new holes for the boot! By the way the ZF5 upgrade is amazing! My truck feels completely different in a great way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.