switch on column

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
i recently came into a problem where i couldn't use my key to start my 87 f-250 and have to jump the solenoid under the hood, okay know that i replaced my key switch there in a box that is mounted on the column how hard is it to change / how much is the usual price of it

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your talking about the part that the actuator rod from the ignition key goes to? Not sure if Ford still carries this part or not, but if they don't LMC probably does. No idea on the cost, but if that is a concern for you, then you might want to find one at a junkyard.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I have a good used one on my parts truck. I'm headed out to it tomorrow to pull some other parts for other members and some local guys. Where are you located? PM me an address and I can give you a price with shipping.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the switch anywhere, its not too awfully expensive, the bigger problem is if there's something going on with the key/tumbler deal. That gets to be a lot of work. With the switch its just pulling the old one out throwing the new one in, and getting a correct adjustment of the rod actuator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online