Swapping 6.9 into 92

Greenmachine

Reaction score
So what about the fuel restriction sensor? I think I can splice the fuel heater in too the wire in the pic , assuming that's the correct one? Ya I measured both brackets should bolt on. And also thank you guys for all the help so far!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 74

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 6.9's had the restriction sensor. If not, they aren't "that" important long as you keep up with replacing the filter.
Or find a junkyard and get a newer one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to pull the injectors tomaro and test them , I noticed a littel fuel leaking around them when I started the motor before removing

Greenmachine

Reaction score
We'll I did not get to the injectors today, but I did bolt on the alternator . Changing the pulleys was a bit harder than I thought lol also installed the bullet style glow plugs and temp fixed my power steering. After the injectors I'll be ready to put her in( the pic is before I started on working).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 67

Greenmachine

Reaction score
So it looks like this weekend I'm going to try and get the engine in? Anyone have an do and and donts for installing, I change basic small block chevy engine before but not a 6.9, I will start Saturday night or Friday night and post pics if this slow Alaska wifi lets me!

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wait, That's a 7.3 controller? Did they ever come stock on a 6.9? If not, Then someone in the last 28 years retro fitted mine with one and deleted the stock one and put a pipe plug in its place. It wasn't "rigged" in either. It actually bolts in like its supposed to. And mine is an actual international controller. Although, My wiring looks different....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wait, That's a 7.3 controller? Did they ever come stock on a 6.9? If not, Then someone in the last 28 years retro fitted mine with one and deleted the stock one and put a pipe plug in its place. It wasn't "rigged" in either. It actually bolts in like its supposed to. And mine is an actual international controller. Although, My wiring looks different....

Cruise...

The 87 6.9 came with the 7.3 style controller in the above picture. The 83-86 6.9 had a "controller" in the back side of the drivers side head. The problem with this controller is when it failed, it failed in the on position... cooking the plugs. The 7.3 style controller fails off.........

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Good to know. Not to terribly familiar with Ford IDIs. Just bought my first one 2 weeks ago and its dead. I have worked on the 6.0 but it was mostly PM services. I'm more used to the 6.2/5 in the hmmwv.

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Tonight's progress , tested injectors, new o rings . Will the nitrile ones work? If not what should I get??. Put the motor in and hood back on. Tomaro going to start hooking things up like exshuast wiring harness fuel lines , if I get far enuff I'll bleed the injectors and maybe start her up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.7 KB · Views: 43

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Alright getting close just a few things left. But I need some help guys!??
First will the nitrile orings work? ( I had a dream they melted) lol
Second I have two connectors and a long single wire that I did not find a home for ?
What are they and were they go, besides these I'm about ready to finish this swap :D!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    912.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 13

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The other rectangular one I don't recognize. Maybe seen it before though. If it's up by the front, I'd say daytime running lights. But I believe it needs more wires.
I'm sure you already know the two pictured together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright getting close just a few things left. But I need some help guys!??
First will the nitrile orings work? ( I had a dream they melted) lol
Second I have two connectors and a long single wire that I did not find a home for ?
What are they and were they go, besides these I'm about ready to finish this swap :D!

Wire colour on single wire...

Location of second plug

Third pic is a signal or more correctly a park/marker light and headlight plug i beieve.

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Ya I figured out one is a headlight plug mainly becuase I found another on the other side lol felt pretty silly about that, heres another pic of the square plug and were it is attached, the single wire is red

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online