sw dana 60 value

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
what a single wheel dana 60 worth. got a guy who wants too sell me one for 250 bucks wanted too see what i can flip it for

I have had a COMPLETE one for sale for about 6 months for 850 with no real interest. But I have sold them for as much as 1200 COMPLETE.

If it is just the axle with no track bar, track bar mount, drivers u-bolt plate, drive shaft, hubs, steering linkage. $250 is the going price. Nothing to be made

fordf350dually

ih power
Reaction score
its hubs rotors and axle. no suspension parts. no steering parts and no calipers. for 480 its that and 4x4 stick trans hump an np205 and some suspention brackets i need for my truck wat you think ?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
its hubs rotors and axle. no suspension parts. no steering parts and no calipers. for 480 its that and 4x4 stick trans hump an np205 and some suspention brackets i need for my truck wat you think ?

Track bar is $100
Track bar mount(if you can even find one) $100+
Drivers side u-bolt plate(If you can find one)$100+
Steering linkage is about $250
front drive shaft 100

Is it king pin or ball joint? If ball joint figure another 200 for ball joints

Axle u-joints are 30-50 each
Axle seals are $25 Each
pinion seal is $25
Calipers are $75 each

F350 leaf springs are $300
U-bolts another $35

So grand total for the axle and parts is
you can take 200 off if it is a king pin
They get expensive to build

Last edited:

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
IMO you could at least double your money if you just want to flip it. I think you could do better than that too, but it all depends on if you have a buyer in your area or not.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
IMO you could at least double your money if you just want to flip it. I think you could do better than that too, but it all depends on if you have a buyer in your area or not.

I have a COMPLETE one (track bar track bar mount, drive shaft, u bolt plate, steering linkages....Everything) for sale for 850 for about 3 months, no bites

Last edited:

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could flip that axle in under an hour - they still demand 800+ in my area.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends entirely on the local market. I quite recently traded a basicly bare 88 Kingpin housing(had knuckles and a carrier) for an almost new Warn M12000, thats a $1500 winch. A mostly complete 60 here draws at least $1000 pretty much no matter what.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I could flip that axle in under an hour - they still demand 800+ in my area.

For a bare axle? Where do you even find the track bar mount, u-bolt plate and other such needed parts. With out them the axle is kinda useless

Last edited:

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a bare axle? Where do you even find the track bar mount, u-bolt plate and other such needed parts. With out them the axle is kinda useless

Oh, I missed bare axle. I do happen to have the u-bolt and track bar stuff I didn't use on my Early Bronco swap though, seems that holding onto that "junk" may pay off...

I picked up a SD unit bearing housing with a carrier and 1 knuckle for $100. I've slowly been building it back together in anticipation of selling.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Oh, I missed bare axle. I do happen to have the u-bolt and track bar stuff I didn't use on my Early Bronco swap though, seems that holding onto that "junk" may pay off...

I picked up a SD unit bearing housing with a carrier and 1 knuckle for $100. I've slowly been building it back together in anticipation of selling.

So what is a BARE axle worth then?

And SD leaf sprung axle housing are worth nothing around here. A COMPLETE axle sell for 3-400

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking just a housing? I dunno - I paid little to nothing for a basically worthless housing. If I can't sell it for $500 I'll use it for something - maybe jamb it under my F150.

No idea what a bare KP housing is worth - just don't see them around.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is a BARE axle worth then?

And SD leaf sprung axle housing are worth nothing around here. A COMPLETE axle sell for 3-400

Not sure on ford stuff, most everyone wants chevy or dodge pass. side diff. There a dana 60 kingpin with gears and spindles, SRW, brings 600 VERY EASY here, 800 being going price. Used to be over a grand for one, but the economy slowed that some. Dually stuff not as much, nobody seems to want it. Everyone is looking for one to stuff in their jeep project.

Ford stuff isnt big in these parts, but its getting there as the solid axle swap in the 88' and up GM truck is getting more popular. There of course they need a drivers side diff. housing

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No idea what a bare KP housing is worth - just don't see them around.

Not just the housing, a whole axle with knuckles and shafts. But If someone wants to put a 85.5-97 dana 60 in to a 80-97 Ford, they will need a track bar(100), track bar bracket(100), driverside u-botl plate(100), front driveshaft(100) and steering linkage(250) Totaling 650 in extras so a bare axle is only worth 100-200 being you would still need to locate those parts to even be usefull. That is what i am saying

If it is going in to something else, all kinds of stuff needs to be fabbed up so it is no big deal if those parts are missing then a $200 axle is a good choice to go into a IFS chevy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger