Superduty Axles

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did a quick search because i thought this had been discussed before but couldnt find anything. I found a guy selling a rolling 04 superduty chassis with 11k miles on it. Blown 6.0 engine trans t case radiator I/C and more just no cab or bed. I can get the whole lot for cheaper than an older dana 60 front. Obviously the bolt pattern is different so I would want to swap both front and rear axles. my main concern is the spring center, is it different? everthing else I can fab, but i know the front springs sit on top of the diff housing.

thanks for any insight!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's do-able as long as you are good with a welder and a grinder.
'99 and up uses completely different mounting points since the trucks are wider and longer. But as you can see from some of the site members personal projects, nothing's impossible:D;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall the width of the perches is 37.5 (center to center).... IDK what year your truck is but 80-97's were 36in on center...

If you can fab a reverse shackle isnt that hard, that is what I did...

What year is your truck???

tractorman86

Reaction score
they wont work, not even close!!! hand it down to me i'll get rid of it for you:DLOL that authe to be a cool project!

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I dont think im going to do it. This is my work truck, it needs other things besides axles. like a new fender and bumper. I was just pipe dreaming what all i could do with all those newer parts. if anyone else wants the stuff its still for sale, but its here in Idaho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70