Superchips Microtuner

BTowler

Short bus driver
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on the microtuner. Just installed 275's and don't want to stress the tranny till I can dig deep enough for mods. Thinking about the microtuner on the low setting till I can do the tranny, if the unit has a good reputation.
Thanks

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not go with the tuner unless you needed to change the tire size readout on the odometer. It's about the only useful function.

Get the tranny upgrades done first, then add an EZ/ TTPM or a Comp/UFM.

JMO

Dave

B

Big K

I cannot speak about the Superchips products. No experience with them.

I will say this. With a stock auto, I would have done the Edge EZ, (or an unhooked comp), first and only until I was ready to spend some $$ on my tranny. With the EZ you get fuel and timing + boost gains w/the elbow.

With just injectors, you will see a torque increase, but without the extra timing and boost, they don't run anywhere near their potential. There will also be an EGT issue without extra boost. Been there, done that.

Not a lot of risk, if you don't tow much, to run the EZ on a stock auto. Risk begins when you pair up while stock. (ie. injectors and a box)

Towing 3-5k with 275's and an unhooked comp box, (EZ mode), seriously taxed my clutch. The EDM 2's toasted it. I knew it would happen, and was ready for it.

Be prepared, and repeat after me.....

I am my own warranty station

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Big K

You might hit the "Wanted" sections and see if you can pick up a boost fooler/elbow cheap in the meantime. Would help with the performance and EGT's, but shouldn't hurt the tranny any more than an EZ box would.

Just a thought.

Flashypaint

Reaction score
Go with the EZ , I have about the same setup as you less the injectors on a 02 with auto and 4:10s. I tried the old D-box and it didnt do anything. Hooked up the EZ and was surpised. HA HA and now i have a little smoke. The Auto is ok with it stock just watch your Trans temp. i have the cooler in the grill towing option but i still gets hot in traffic, Next will be a electric fan on the cooler. PS theres a guy in OKlahoma selling EZs for 415. shipped

Green Machine

Reaction score
Do it once and get a Drag Comp. Don't pierce the pump wire and then you have a lot of settings to play with. I have a Superchip stacked with a Drag. But the perfomace of the Superchip is not all that much by its self. It is nice for slecting tire size and coads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726