Superchip Micro Tuner Question

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I've got a older Superchips micro tuner 2001 #1700 and have been running it on the lowest program with the stock downpipe.

Since I've got the MBRP 3" downpipe & 4" exhaust I've been toying with the idea to up the programing, but dang if I can find the instructions & different levels of programing.

So far on line all I've been able to find is a 60hp towing and a 80hp "off road" program that says ya need gauges before running to to high EGT's

Since I'm sure the actually performance of the SCMT is lower (if not quite a bit lower) than the rated 60 or 80hp are gauges really needed, or would it be safe to run the higher program as long as I don't lug the mill & drive it sanely?

Or should I get a pyro and boost gauge before upping the program?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gut instinct is to tell you to get gauges Joe, but I doubt youre gonna hurt her with the SCMT. I couldnt get the EGT's high with Stg I injectors and the SCMT.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
That's sort of what I was thinking, but I'd still feel way more comfortable with gauges.

Have been looking around at getting ISSPRO EV's boost/pyro gauges along with a 2 gauge pod that fits on the A pillar.

Just need to see who wins the election as to how my money gets spent ;Really;Really ;p

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had ISSPROS in the 95, great gauges Joe. Gettem.... but in the mean time you would probably be OK with the SCMT set on a tow tune. Just opening up that DP is going to help you immensely. Do you have an open element intake? Tymar or such?

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I had ISSPROS in the 95, great gauges Joe. Gettem.... but in the mean time you would probably be OK with the SCMT set on a tow tune. Just opening up that DP is going to help you immensely. Do you have an open element intake? Tymar or such?

Yep, have a TYMAR & been running with the SCMT set on the 60 hp (think that's the rating,it's the lowest SCMT program) tow program without any problems (so far, knock on wood) but am now planning on getting the ISSPROS/EV gauges when $$ allows.

Could not believe the difference going from the stock downpipe to the MBRP 3" one, it was wild!!! Course the rest of he exhaust is now 4" and without the kitty & stock muffler she runs like a ***** ape.

Oh and I've got a tad over 84K miles on her, so she should be good for another 10-15 years at a minimum ;p;p;p

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you get your gauges.... upgrade to a better chip. ;)

bobwb

Reaction score
what do yu guys think of the scmt with dp tunes installed? thats what i was thinkinn on.i like my superchips 1805 tuner, huge difference from stock power.