SUPERCHARGE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
just like everyone is saying this isnt exactly something you should just jump and buy parts and do...research is definitely key...what kind of power are you looking for...that is a good starting point cause if you dont know how much hp you want to make you dont know how much cfm and ccs of fuel you need to make that power and if you dont have the right cfm for your fuel...hence too little you will struggle for power...once you know how much hp you determine the cfm required to make that amount...just know it takes about 1 lb min of air to equal 10 hp...and 1cc of fuel is equal to 2-3 hp so if you have 150cc of fuel which should support 300hp you will need 30lb min of air or you will just be blowing smoke;Sweet

thats the kinda tid bits i was lookn for. thank u. my aplication is more for show, performance as far as power and efficentcy doesnt really consern me as much as it lookn good and sounding right.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score

there u go agin.... i have no idea what u r saying. i have not critisized anybodies opinion, the only opinoin i see critisized here is my own. as far i as the turbos go i know undersand and accept that they are generally better for diesels. im am strictly going for oldschool, perfomance aside.

I assume you can read, so reread the below selections. The 'BS' and 'theoretical crap' are the opinions of members whom you have just insulted on your first day on the board.

Just because they don't think the SC is a worthwhile project, doesn't make their points useless. Do some more searching and find out why they say that. Sure a SC will run on a diesel. Does that mean it's the best option? I don't know. My opinion is that it isn't. I feel there is a reason that the turbo replaced the supercharger. It's like saying that the typewriter is a great method of writing correspondence because we used it before the computer.

got to wade thru a bunch of b.s. hard to find the facts between all theoretical crap and the trash talkn against the use of sc on a diesel.

[but ya know the whole "turbos r better this, turbos r better that, "well that seems pointless", "well if u wanna waste the your money", that sort. either way not helpful.

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score

I assume you can read, so reread the below selections. The 'BS' and 'theoretical crap' are the opinions of members whom you have just insulted on your first day on the board.

Just because they don't think the SC is a worthwhile project, doesn't make their points useless. Do some more searching and find out why they say that. Sure a SC will run on a diesel. Does that mean it's the best option? I don't know. My opinion is that it isn't. I feel there is a reason that the turbo replaced the supercharger. It's like saying that the typewriter is a great method of writing correspondence because we used it before the computer.

ok ... there u go takeing things out of context agin. im just going to agree to disagree with u and leave it at that.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
What are you wanting to do with the supercharged 6.9? Will it be for towing, or just to impress the kids on Main street Saturday night, or ???

I am actually a proponent of using a SC, but only for 2 purposes:

1. Increase off-idle and low rpm torque for towing heavy
2. Spin a bigger than would normally be possible turbo on top of it: AKA Twincharging

The problem with option 1 is it eats a bunch of hp and runs out of steam pretty quick. Will not be as efficient as a well engineered single turbo.

Option 2 entices me and calls my name in dreams at night, but I have come to the conclusion that it is unrealistic on a motor that is pretty limited as to how much boost it can handle. It will surely require head studs and even then getting enough fuel to make it all work will be at the least very expensive and possibly just not doable.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok ... there u go takeing things out of context agin. im just going to agree to disagree with u and leave it at that.
I would like to state for the record that I don't think 92F350CC was taking anything out of context. I read your posts before seeing his reply and came to the exact same conclusion that he did.

Frankly, it sounds to me like you're hell-bent on doing it regardless of what empirical and/or theoretical information's available that suggests that this isn't a very good idea, so I'll leave you with this. Unless you want to go into the realm of stronger head gaskets, head studs, lowered compression, etc, there's really only so much boost you can pump into an indirect-injected diesel engine without risking serious problems (blown head gasket, stretched head bolts, etc). Yes, there's a couple of people who have claimed to have consistently pumped more boost into their engine, but I would strongly question the longevity of said engine. Most of the "standard: turbo kits deliberately wont' put out more than 11 to 12 psi of boost in the interest of longevity. So, you're going to need to find a balance between not over-boosting and still having output at low speeds, in order to get a true advantage from the supercharger.

Good luck and have your checkbook ready...

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
What are you wanting to do with the supercharged 6.9? Will it be for towing, or just to impress the kids on Main street Saturday night, or ???

I am actually a proponent of using a SC, but only for 2 purposes:

1. Increase off-idle and low rpm torque for towing heavy
2. Spin a bigger than would normally be possible turbo on top of it: AKA Twincharging

The problem with option 1 is it eats a bunch of hp and runs out of steam pretty quick. Will not be as efficient as a well engineered single turbo.

Option 2 entices me and calls my name in dreams at night, but I have come to the conclusion that it is unrealistic on a motor that is pretty limited as to how much boost it can handle. It will surely require head studs and even then getting enough fuel to make it all work will be at the least very expensive and possibly just not doable.

it will b for a show truck so to specifically answer your question its just to impress the kids on Main street Saturday. But really i care less about the kids on mainsteet and is more or less for my own wicked whiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.