Sugestions?

black haze

Reaction score
I am new here and i have a 92' 5.9 that i am wanting to add some power too.The injection pump has been turned up a little, but not enough to tell any diferance from stock.Suggestions to what i should do to if first, weather that be turn up the pump more, bigger exahst, turbos, injectors?I am going to be doing little by little so i dont want something that will blow up my engine if something else is not insatlled with it..Suggestions?

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with a BHAF, grind the fuel pin and install a 3600 gov spring. That should be enough to start you on the way and won't cost more than $60. After that, :love: :love: :love: :love:

black haze

Reaction score
Thanks for the information.I checked into those and there not too too expensive..But neither really add too much power do they?

black haze

Reaction score
Well alright then.Ill deffenatly look into those more..And another question what size turbo would be best for acceleration speed and boost?I have the stock 21cm2 turbo on it..Fairly slow on starting up.I need something a little more intense.Ideas?

Mattster

Reaction score
get atleast a 16cm2 housing and it will spool faster or even a 14 or 12 cm one then a HTT stage 3 compressor that will ad some boost and power. PDR has a new fuel pin that adds 20hp for $75 plus $100 core but you can grind you current pin down for more power also.

black haze

Reaction score
Is a 1st gen turbo the only that will fit the manifold?Or does a 2nd gen hook up allright?Or others?Not really sure obvioiusly.

Mattster

Reaction score
I think it might I know 89-98s fit not sure of other years though.

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HX35 bolts right up and there's several companies that make an upgrade kit for a couple hundred (or less) to make it a hybrid.

ps....once you start fueling her and getting more air in, you can ditch the muffler for more power as well...

black haze

Reaction score
Haha,As soon as i got it i hacked off the muffler.Sounds alot better too.And what exactly does the upgrade kit consist of?What does it come with?Is it housing?Or the spool?Does it have an oil line conector?

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Housing and impeller blade.

Oil line connector???? If you have a holset turbo on it now, you better have an oil line to it.......maybe I have misunderstood your question regarding it.

Unless, you are talking about the turbo housings that have the elbow connected to a hose that goes to the wastegate actuator on some models.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online