Sugar in the tank?

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I am draining my rear tank using an electric fuel pump. It was full when I got the truck and it always clogs the fuel filter when I use it. Pouring out the first 5 gallon bucket I start to see small square shaped object that cover the bottom of the bucket. Did I have sugar in my rear tank? They are clear and mostly flat.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perhaps this is a stupid question... how the heck would you get sugar in your fuel tank? lol

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Somebody would put it there. It's an old old trick. It wouldn't have been done to me though. I just now started putting some miles on the truck. It is still full from the previous owner.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be. If you felt like experimenting, gather some with a coffee filter, let diesel drain out. Then take a spoon or pan apply heat and see if it melts. If yes - probably sugar. If no maybe salt..?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man good luck ALL OLD TRUCKS NEED LOCKING CAPS. ITS WAY TO EASY TO PUT STUFF IN SOMEONES TANK. IN MY CASE I HAD 500 DOLLARS OF #2 DIESEL STOLEN OUT OF MY TRUCK IN A WEEK. I THOUGHT I HAD A FUEL LEAK IN MY TANKS. I WOKE UP ONE DAY TO MY DOG ATTACKING THE GUY STEALING MY FUEL FROM MY TRUCK. I CAN'T SAY THAT I DIDN'T ATTACK HIM EITHER!!! 22 DOLLARS LOCKING GAS CAPS FIXED MY PROBLEM. LOL ALSO THE GUY WENT TO JAIL FOR TRESSPASSING AND SOME THING TO DO WITH AUTO THEFT AND TAMPERING WITH AN AUTO. SORRY FOR THE EXTRA QUICK POST THIS MORNING AND THIS NOT BEING READABLE THANKS FREEBIRD01

Last edited:

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is that the shower head is busted off so I know I have a quarter tank of dirty fuel in there yet. I have to drop the tank to clean it. It's my only fuel gauge that works too. Alright, I'll get off my pity pot.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Man good luck ALL OLD TRUCKS NEED LOCKING CAPS ITS WAY TO EASY TO PUT STUFF IN SOMEONES TANK. OR IN MY CASE I HAD 500 DOLLARS OF #2 DIESEL STOLEN OUT OF MY TRUCK IN A WEEK I THOUGHT I HAD A FUEL TANK TELL MY DOG BITE THE GUY STEALING MY FUEL AND I CAN'T SAY THAT I DIDN'T BITE HIM EITHER 22 DOLLARS LOCKING GAS CAPS FIXED MY PROBLEM.

umm...calm down and write a post we can all read lol

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry freebird01 all edit lol. I just got excited cause I remembered that I had 500 dollars in fuel stolen from me.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry freebird01 all edit lol. I just got excited cause I remembered that I had 500 dollars in fuel stolen from me.
Much appreciated...forgive me if you were previously aware of this, but many people equate TYPING IN ALL CAPS to yelling at someone, and it's generally considered to be rude... :angel:

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I would think that sugar cubes would have broken down and dissolved pretty fast

I dunno. That was my best guess.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images