Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
They pop up here and there if you keep your eye out. They are not real common though. I might know of one if you would like me to check.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just blew the head gaskets in the second Idi since I've got it on the road. Thinkin real hard about a 360. I don't want a cummins and I don't think I want another junkyard Idi.

I've really impressed with the 360 swaps I seen on here and I think I'd be pretty happy with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Any winter plans for the rig Jared?
Still keeping my eye out for an overdrive transmission. I am holding off making the front driveshaft until I know where my cross member will be.

Also poking around what turbo I want to try to upgrade with.

The wifey keeps telling me I need to finish the basement first though LOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Still keeping my eye out for an overdrive transmission. I am holding off making the front driveshaft until I know where my cross member will be.

Also poking around what turbo I want to try to upgrade with.

The wifey keeps telling me I need to finish the basement first though LOL

Cool, have you pretty much ruled out taller axle gears and/or bigger tires to bring the revs down?

subway

Reaction score
I am already running 3.55 so that's as tall as I can get without changing out my rear axle at least. I am kicking around taller tires to but then I need to lift my 5th wheel, again lol.

I would like to do something about the big gear jump this transmission has. If I am loaded 3 to 4 is to big a just to keep the boost up and I start lugging every time I shift between. I am thinking opening up the governor springs will help. I am hoping this might let me keep the engine spooled up between 3rd and 4th gear if I don't change the transmission. I love the low range I get out of the transmission, just can't get the highway speed I want.

I don't have the room since I already have a divorced transfercase for a brownie box but I have poked around a little unsuccessfully for some kind of external gear splitter for overdrive.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may want to consider a ball bearing turbo for your upgrade. One of the things I took away from talking to Heath, was he didnt loose boost between shifts anymore after switching to the ball bearing turbo. It takes longer to spin down. I think that's at least part of it. That doesn't solve your gear split problem but it's something to think about anyway.

subway

Reaction score
Well I finally tracked down a transmission that I hope will work! It's going to take some work to fit in. Looks like I will have to switch to a pull clutch, find another rear yoke to fit, fab up some new mounts and clutch linkage. Let the fun begin.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this one you have been looking for a while now?

What is the ratio of the final drive?

subway

Reaction score
Is this one you have been looking for a while now?

What is the ratio of the final drive?
Yes, while I was considering almost everything, this was at the top of my most wanted list. The final drive is .78 so it is very close to the ZF .77

1st 7.05
2nd 4.13
3rd 2.52
4th 1.59
5th 1
6th .78

Staying up to late and doing some more reading looks like these transmissions have a following in the dodge Cummins trucks to hold up where they keep blowing out the stock 5600's.

Looks like gearing wise it is close to a Zf with an added real first gear.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ought to be able to take off pulling a mountain with that. Are you running a divorced tcase now?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nice! Im glad you found one. That will make the long cruise to KY really pleasant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online