stupid ac delco's

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well as most of you know i bought i new set of ac delco plugs. i they have been in for probably a little over 2 weeks , anyways this week i noticed its been a little harder to crank, this morning i went outside to leave for school pressed glow plugs for 8 seconds and wouldnt hit a lick, i clouded the whole yard out in smoke . so i just cranked it with either. so lessoned learned , dont buy anything but motorcraft! and im pretty sure i dont got a wiring problem lol -cuss

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
they might be shot but take a look before you condemn them.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with A/C Delco plugs here. The only time I had back luck with glow plugs, was when I had them on a manual switch for a short time. I see alot of people with manual glow plug buttons, overglowing them.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but im not stupid , ive never glowd past ten lol

Not saying your stupid, just seems like the majority of glow plug issues, are on push button setups. Unless of course someone gets a controller that sticks on.

Black dawg

Reaction score
in my old 6.9 truck with 8g plugs anything over 8 secs was asking for trouble.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Man I've had great success with em, I've had AC's in my pickup since sometime in 99 or 2000, same set which has worn out many motors. Never has one swelled, each has worked like new, and I typically hold them on for 30-50 seconds when it's cold, cause they are 12 volters. Maybe something else is wrong? Or maybe AC's aren't quite what they used to be?

DragRag

Reaction score
Ac's have been good to me so far. Make sure and ohm yours out before tossing them, and typically ac's don't swell, the autolites and the Bosch ones do though. I can't get ac delco at autozone any more, all they ahve is autolite, what a *****. I had to buy three beru's at O'riellys today, I despise that place. I had 5 bad beru's off all things today on my green F350 and i want it to start good. So, that being said, as you know beru's burn out to.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah check them, these are the ACs that also fit the 1978-80 slow glow 5.7 Olds diesel correct? If they have burnt out on you as 12V plugs with 12V current to them then obviously they are very poor plugs or you have something else wrong in the wiring. If they are fast glow ACs they are rated at 6V just like the Berus and the junk plugs and can only take 8-10 seconds of constant juice. I'm afraid to say which AC are which cause I don't know those part #s as well as the Beru for the Fords.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
AC delco has a lot of different plugs. The ones you want are the 60G they are self regulating, Haven them in my bros 6.2 and they been in there for about 5 years and the thing always flashes up in the cold

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i have pulled 2 off front of engine and they were swelled out took me an hour.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
AC delco is currently a dirty word in my house. I had a brand new set of their rear brake shoes on and came off the grapevine in CA with no trailer or heavy load, while it was 110+ deg outside and when I got off the interstate and went to stop, no friggen brakes -cuss:backoff;Pissed . Had slowed down to less than 30 with gears, and decel just calmly getting off, but when it came time to stop, shoved my foot through the friggen floor and nothing, stinking heat fade, worst I've ever seen. Wound up in the back of a hatchback, thankfully I had slowed down to where it was just a tap. Next day when they cooled down, they were all tight again :backoff
That's the last time anything out of a AC delco box goes on anything I own.