Stuck rings or ????????

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
After resigning to defeat last night and replacing the air cleaner, I started it up, and it drove home fine. I have no idea what's going on here, but I hope to get a new set of injectors soon. I also expect the problem to come back before too long.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I have taken off and slightly bent back in to shape the leaking injector line several times over. It's done now. I kind of doubt it will seat again. It sure does drive great when hitting on 8 cylinders though. I really really really need to toss this set of new lines on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Make sure you have all 4 vibration line clamps on the injector lines. Your issue really sounds to me like a stuck open injector. That number 7 line is easy to cross thread. The injector is the softer material so if its crosse threaded that another reason to replace the injector.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I very much agree that the injectors are due for replacement, and hopefully that is something that I can do soon. It never was cross threaded, but the line did break off at the nut at some point. I tried this morning in a large hurry to toss on the drivers bank of new lines. I didn't have time to finish. I need to get it done tonight, and I will do both banks at once if it is basically necessary to undo all lines at the IP. I was lacking one clamp. Icanfixall, is there any tricks that could help me get all these lines undone at the pump, or is it pretty simple, though tedious, and running on less than 2 hours sleep hindered my problem solving abilities early this morning?

I do hope the injector is not stuck open right now, but I have checked the lines for heat previously (within a month) and couldn't notice anything. I really attribute it to the MIA clamp.