straight pipe

jocephus

Reaction score
well i took the muf and cat off my truck saturday did not see much improvement on hp or torq but i havent hooked it to anything yet, did notice a big improvement in sound you can actually hear the turbo now i was wondering if the psd have a silencer ring on the turbo like the cummins do. also if there are any other diy mods available i would like to here them, so far all i have done is tymar and staight piped.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I had my Stroke straight piped for a year and a half. Eventually i went to the MBRP 4" turbo-back. I liked the straight pipe sound though. The biggest difference you will notice is a drop in EGTs now and maybe a handful of HP and torque. You will probably also see a little faster spool up since you're not choked down with the cat and ****.

There are other DIY mods that will net you a little more power. There's the 10K mod and there's also the BB mod in the fuel filter housing. I enjoyed the EBV mod that allows you to have full control over the EBV, basically giving you an exhaust brake. Do a search for "10K mod" and you should come up with plenty of info. Also check out this site for other info: http://pages.prodigy.net/stevebaz/_import/pages.prodigy.net/stevebaz/index3.html