Straight pipe in, Tymar on the way

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OK, OK .......I know I went the cheap route to fit my budget but I love it, glad I did it.

Had a local muffler shop cut off the muffler and weld in a straight pipe on the stock 3-1/2" exhaust.....No cat on this truck so it's straight from the turbo back.

Sounds great, nice deep throaty sound and not too loud, seatofthepantsometer says it makes a difference too.:D

Had them weld in a piece of 1/2" ID galv pipe into the new section while they were at it so I could route the RDT into it too. No more "your trucks on fire" looks and Mama's happy she don't have to smell the Rotella T Synthetic vapors while sitting with the AC on now.

Total cost......$70......IMHO It's a great option for those of you who are like me and can't justify, afford or are too cheap (or all of the above) $300 and up for a complete turbo back system.

Good Ol boy cut me a couple 3" sections of 4" pipe for my Tymar setup free too. Filter should be in at Napa in the next day or 2......$36....Funny that the filter is $10 cheaper at the store than it is at Napaonlinecookoo

Did have the pleasure of talking to a man with a really nice F-350 CC Dually with a chipped 6.0 while he was getting a 4" turbo back system installed on his. Was neat the difference in sound between my strait pipe mod and his truck. His 6.0 sounded like a jet engine winding up to take off. The installer didn't have a clue :dunno what the hiss from the tail pipe at idle was until I finally told him it was the turbo, Think if I didn't tell him he'd still be there trying to figure it out.:rotflmao

Modding and talking trucks pretty much took up my day, what a rough day;Really

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!!!!;Sweet Mike go get a chip:D

:rotflmao :rotflmao I'll get there Russ, might take another month or 2 but I'll get one, until then I'll play with a few radio shack resistors and potentiometers...next up:dunno ......This Sheet is fun, some of these cave dwellers don't know what fun they're missing.

When you can take an 8000 lb dually, peg the throttle at a dead stop and be doing 60 MPH in less than 6 seconds while leaving a ricer in a cloud of black smoke.

The power has come up so much since I bought it by just doing some needed repairs and basic simple mods. I now find I have to feather the throttle back a little to keep the rear tires from lighting up on launch....

I can't imagine how this ol truck's gonna react with a properly burned chip.:peelout -Drool

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
:D :D Mods are fun:D :D
get a chip,
trust me it will do way more than any poitentiaometer, resistor thing will ever doo

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Yep get a twildman chip in there, you're also gonna notice the turbo whistle ALOT more with the open element filter, and no kitty kat will help as well.

Don't bother with the resistors and pots....they will only aggravate you and make you NEED that chip sooner rather than later :rotflmao

If you think you're cheap I gutted my kitty my self and slipped it back in so there were no obvious exhaust mods......gutting that thing was a PITA but worth it.

Oh yeah, start saving up for a tranny ;Really

Have fun........

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Oh yeah, start saving up for a tranny ;Really

Have fun........

You tell him "stickers" LOL ;p :D

Dang Mike , you tryin' to sound like me ;p ;Sweet

Time to get a tri-cumulator and sonnax valve kit.....{at least that's what I think they are called :dunno LOL }

yea, the sick point OH's do sound sweet straight piped no doubt :hail

John, dunno what problems you had guttin' the kat....didn't even take 1 full beer on mine :D

RUT-RO :eek: the mods might edit and lock this due to Kat talk :rolleyes: cookoo ....Be very, very quiet...shhhhhhhhh!

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
You tell him "stickers" LOL ;p :D

John, dunno what problems you had guttin' the kat....didn't even take 1 full beer on mine :D

RUT-RO :eek: the mods might edit and lock this due to Kat talk :rolleyes: cookoo ....Be very, very quiet...shhhhhhhhh!

My problem was I only had a piece of rebar and my muscles to knock out 100k miles of built up crappola and that honycomb stuff is tuff -cuss Oh and I was outta beer

We'll have no talk of locking threads :rotflmao

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Str8 pipe!!! luv it! :D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KAT :dunno What Kat, Mine didn't have one to start with:D

I'm itching bad-Drool :hail for a 6 position chip
  • Stock
  • High idle
  • Tows safely
  • 5 mpg if ya can keep yer foot out of it
  • Kicks Azzzzzzzzzz
  • Breaks stuff easily if you ain't carefull:eek:
Started buttering mama up fer one tonight, got a couple serious interested parties looking at both the tractor and the truck that I'm selling.

Gauges and a sonnax kit coming up shortly after the chip, prolly not the right order to do this stuff but I don't pull anything heavy so what the Heck.

Playing with the resistors for the hell of it really, have a bunch of that stuff inmy Radio Shack learning lab I play with now and again so it doesn't cost me anything but a little time and I needed a little break from the kitchen & dining room remodel....been thrashing in there pretty hard the last few weeks

Dining room is almost done

Kitchen coming along nicely

We rarely drink but occasionally have a little Asti to celebrate:cheers:

rubberfish

Reaction score
I was wondering who on the
planet still drank that stuff. :D
Never one of my favs. :puke:
When you do get a chip you'll love it.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who on the
planet still drank that stuff. :D
Never one of my favs. :puke:

I aquired a taste for it when I lived in Italy for over 2 years. I can't stand champagne but I do like sweet sparkling wine, I won't touch the Asti made in the states, only the Martini and Rossi imported from Italia.

Il mio prima molie e da Marano da Napoli, Noi vita in Gaeta quando Io stare dentro il Marina Militare, U.S.S Belknap CG-29. Io volio videre Italia un altro volta con il mio familia un giorno, Roma, Trieste, Gaeta, Napoli, Tutto, come bella e Italia e la gentile. Anche la pasta e pizza troppo buono, tu no sai come.;Sweet

Well my Italian is a little rusty but let's see who can translate it. I pick it up quickly when I'm around it a day or 2. Learned it because the first wife was Italian and didn't speak english and neither did the rest of her family. I couldn't even think in english after I returned stateside in 1992, now I can't even think but at least the VA kinda pays me for that.

Speaking of the VA I won my appeal over the phone today to make my condition considered permanent instead of having to be poked and proded at their whim to see if I still had this damned disease. Doesn't affect the pay or anything but I just though it was BS for them to consider something degenerative and uncurable as temporary needing reveiw every year or so.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Il mio prima molie e da Marano da Napoli, Noi vita in Gaeta quando Io stare dentro il Marina Militare, U.S.S Belknap CG-29. Io volio videre Italia un altro volta con il mio familia un giorno, Roma, Trieste, Gaeta, Napoli, Tutto, come bella e Italia e la gentile. Anche la pasta e pizza troppo buono, tu no sai come.;Sweet

Well my Italian is a little rusty but let's see who can translate it.
Don't worry bud. Mines rustier than that. :)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry bud. Mines rustier than that. :)

:rotflmao It's OK Bob.

I found out many years ago when I was a sailor that you only needed to know a 4 words, a crude gesture and American Green $$$$$ to get what you really wanted in any port of the 20 or 30 some countries I've been too.
  • Beer:cheers: :drunk:
  • Fiki Fiki -Showtits :moon:
  • Taxi:peelout
  • Ship:puke:
To get out of jail you just handed a little business card to the police and prayed they followed the instructions and called the ship:hail :backoff

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tymar is in

That was simple, cheap too $36 for the filter, $2 for one clamp (from the plumbling section of Lowes, NAPA didn't have one big enough) a little rustoleum industrial red spray paint I had laying around and 2 free 3" sections of 4" exhaust pipe from the muffler shop one needed to complete the RDT modification properly.

Interesting that it's a NAPA Gold, says Dura Lite on the filter and has a WIX number......Let's see Stickers fit this filter under the hood of that little ricerocket;Poke:D